Reverting Back To 2.1

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Trying to revert back to 2.1 from 2.2 using RSD Lite, followed all the directions, however, get this error:

Failed flashing process. Failed Flashing Process. (0x7100); phone connected

Please help :)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dont know what that error is so give me a FULL step by step of what you downloaded, installed, etc

best way for me to figure out whats wrong, unless someone knows the error code

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
From this link:

Droid X

Windows Instructions:

1. Download RSD Lite (credit to MyDroidWorld)
2. Install the RSDLite 4.7 program by double clicking on the program.
3. Move the pst_flash.ini file into the following folder --> Program Files/Motorola/RSDLite
4. Install the drivers that apply to your Operating System.
5. Unzip the SBF into a folder. (Download Above)
6. Open RSD Lite and find the UNZIPPED SBF
7. Put your Motorola Droid X into bootloader. (turn phone off and hold volume down and the camera button while pressing the power button)
8. Click start and sit back.

Note: after the flash will need to boot into recovery (hold volume down and the home button) and wipe data and cache.

Thanks so much for the help!! :)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and you followed this to a T ? did you do anything else? try restarting the computer, changing USB ports..

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
also, click on link 9 to learn more about this (forgot i had that in my sig)

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Stand by...switched to a XP machine and it may be working :)<br><br>Man Vista is awesome!!!<br>

Orio

Reaction score
From this link:

Droid X

Windows Instructions:

1. Download RSD Lite (credit to MyDroidWorld)
2. Install the RSDLite 4.7 program by double clicking on the program.
3. Move the pst_flash.ini file into the following folder --> Program Files/Motorola/RSDLite
4. Install the drivers that apply to your Operating System.
5. Unzip the SBF into a folder. (Download Above)
6. Open RSD Lite and find the UNZIPPED SBF
7. Put your Motorola Droid X into bootloader. (turn phone off and hold volume down and the camera button while pressing the power button)
8. Click start and sit back.

Note: after the flash will need to boot into recovery (hold volume down and the home button) and wipe data and cache.

Thanks so much for the help!! :)

Been watching all this...in which step do you connect your phone to PC via USB ?

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Well everything seemed ok...phone does not show charging when plugged into a wall charger, does show though when plugged it via usb.

GThree

Reaction score
Ok, cool on the xp part, but I am on windows 7.

I have the OP's issue....I need help...

Followed this to a T...WTF?

EDIT:::::: DO NOT USE THE SBF OFF THE DESKTOP!! It will not work. how lame. NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It went through the whole process and then at the end......FAIL....oh sweet ya! FML!

Last edited:

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but I use Win 7 with RSD, but run RSD as Admin...

Added: When reverting from 2.2 back to 2.1 I recommend doing a wipe/erase cache first... then put the phone in to bootloader mode. If you don't after it flashes, and reboots phone, it seems to hang, then you have to pull the batt. then boot in to recovery and wipe/erase. --> Thats my experience anyway.

Last edited:

bharkin

Reaction score

Added: When reverting from 2.2 back to 2.1 I recommend doing a wipe/erase cache first... then put the phone in to bootloader mode. If you don't after it flashes, and reboots phone, it seems to hang, then you have to pull the batt. then boot in to recovery and wipe/erase. --> Thats my experience anyway.

So I should boot into Bootstrap Recovery, wipe data/cache, THEN bootloader and reflash with the sbf. Right?

Also, if you are having troubles with RSD in Win7, go to START>ALL PROGRAMS>MOTOROLA DRIVER INSTALLER and use the middle option, Clean and reinstall. It takes a little time, but well worth the results. And make sure you run BOTH as an ADMIN!

Last edited:

Arcstriker

Reaction score

So I should boot into Bootstrap Recovery, wipe data/cache, THEN bootloader and reflash with the sbf. Right?

Also, if you are having troubles with RSD in Win7, go to START>ALL PROGRAMS>MOTOROLA DRIVER INSTALLER and use the middle option, Clean and reinstall. It takes a little time, but well worth the results. And make sure you run BOTH as an ADMIN!

Thats what I would do... However if you don't wipe first, and then do the SBF flash the phone will hang on the "M" on reboot, I have read that some people have gotten past this by pulling the battery and reseting a few times, eventually it works BUT... going from 2.2 to 2.1 I ALWAYS wipe because there is usually some things installed that worked fine for 2.2, but are not supported in 2.1, so you may end up with trouble later on.

bharkin

Reaction score
Thanks, that was exactly the problem I had when I tested going back to 2.1, only I pulled the battery 12 times and no change. I ended up wiping data and reflashing a second time, but things didn't work very well. I think that if I had wiped first then flashed, I would have been better off. Now I know. Should I wipe data whenever I flash to a new version? I kinda liked that I still had all of my stuff when I went from 2.1 to 2.2.