return / exchange questions

Veedo

Reaction score
i bought my droid at walmart, does anyone know what their exchange policy is on cell phones? also, will verizon offer the 30 day return policy even if i bought the phone from another location? thanks.

Twoo

Reaction score
Why don't you call Walmart and ask? Their return policy online does not include cell phones.

In the time it takes to make a thread and get a response you could have called them.

segen77

Reaction score
Why don't you call Walmart and ask? Their return policy online does not include cell phones.

In the time it takes to make a thread and get a response you could have called them.

lol. you've cleary never tried to call wal-mart and get a straight answer on anything.

Twoo

Reaction score

lol. you've cleary never tried to call wal-mart and get a straight answer on anything.

Probably because I don't shop at Walmart. I'd rather pay the extra $60 and buy it at Verizon and skip all the nonsense =p

Which I did :icon_ banana:

OP
V

Veedo

Reaction score

oh, you are one of those guys.

i called them and they said they think its a 15 day return, they didnt know about an exhchange. i would rather not wait on hold again to talk to someone that is not sure what they are talking about. i still would like to know if i fall under verizons 30 day return policy.

rjw0501

Reaction score
I gotta go with twoo on this, short term you save a little money, but long term you get no support.

As with Walmart, even short term help , or returns, are sketchy.

texasPI

Reaction score
I guess I'm one of those guys too. Typically the return policy is something I inquire about before I buy it. Have you looked on the receipt to see if the information can be found on it?

keiichi25

Reaction score
The general rule of thumb is that the place you purchased the phone is responsible for any issues with the phone. Verizon Wireless is a service, not responsible for the material you purchased from a third party group.

While you have signed up with Verizon Wireless, they can't re-imburse you for a purchase not done through them, mostly because this is how fraud exchanges are done, someone gets a knock off and wants it exchanged for a real one. The thing is, since you have no proof of purchase with the vendor you are trying to exchange with, they will not honor it.

The only time that seems to be null and void is with regards to gifts, but at least some means of identifying that it was purchased through said store chain. (IE: Returning clothing from Robinsons or something like that).

thelion

Reaction score
General rule is no, VZW does not offer a return period on devices purchases elsewhere. You do, however, have the cancellation period for your contract and you have the manufacturer warranty if the device is defective (1 year).

WM will exchange or return the phone for 15 days. However, I believe they charge a fee if it is not a defective issue.

And to folks telling the OP to call - have you ever TRIED to call WM? 9/10 times it is darn near impossible! And drop the "no, because I don't shop at WM" snooty BS. Get over yourself, no one cares where you shop.

brianr0131

Reaction score
WM will exchange or return the phone for 15 days. However, I believe they charge a fee if it is not a defective issue.

15 days is correct. However, there is no fee. I returned my droid after a few days and just bought it from VZW. No questions asked....full refund.

OP
V

Veedo

Reaction score
i dug up the paperwork that came with the phone from walmart. it says 30 days refund or exchange for verizon customers, 15 days for t-mobile customers.

brianr0131

Reaction score
i dug up the paperwork that came with the phone from walmart. it says 30 days refund or exchange for verizon customers, 15 days for t-mobile customers.

Great. They must have changed it in the last month. Mine clearly stated 15 days.

thelion

Reaction score
Glad to see they are following VZW return schedule. And doubly glad to see they aren't charging restock fees for non-defect returns. (*cough* VERIZON! *cough*)