Costco mobile phone policy....

Wopback

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has bought a phone from Costco and used the 90day return/ exchange policy? Any issues? Looking at possibly making an exchange....

THanks in advance

Last edited:

carguy

Reaction score
I bought our Droid X and D2G from there almost 2 years back, never had to use the policy. I'd think if you call them they can best answer the question.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As a Costco wireless sales expert (per my nametag lol), technically you can make a return within the 90 days per Costco's electronics return policy. Anything and everything is a return, never an exchange, simply because you always have to go through the checkout and buy the new phone. Typically, a kiosk will only "exchange" for the same handset if you are past the 14 day trial period given by the carrier. And it is a one-time "exchange". Some kiosks do not even allow a return past the 14 days. Each location is a bit different, as Costco management makes those decisions and we are only vendors.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
jackiescivic said:
As a Costco wireless sales expert (per my nametag lol), technically you can make a return within the 90 days per Costco's electronics return policy. Anything and everything is a return, never an exchange, simply because you always have to go through the checkout and buy the new phone. Typically, a kiosk will only "exchange" for the same handset if you are past the 14 day trial period given by the carrier. And it is a one-time "exchange". Some kiosks do not even allow a return past the 14 days. Each location is a bit different, as Costco management makes those decisions and we are only vendors.

So can I technically return it for no reason (refund) and buy another phone?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
When did you purchase it? If you are within the 14 day trial period, yes. If not, it is up to the kiosk manager, but more kiosks only "exchange" for same model after the 14 day trial.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Yup........thanks for the info..

I only had 14 days to exchange to a different model. However, I do still have 90 days to exchange for a new same model phone if there are issues with my current phone......

Still wonder if there's a way around it????

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Lol!!!! Rules???

Unfortunately I never got the full rules. Agreement I signed said 90 days exchange/return and of course this only applies to same model. This was not in agreement.

I'll get my exchange, thanks for your feedback though....

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Actually, you did get the full rules. They are laid out on the Costco customer letter that you had to sign and initial

vatothe0

Reaction score
Actually, you did get the full rules. They are laid out on the Costco customer letter that you had to sign and initial

One day, customers will be forced to get a tattoo of the terms and contract so they will remember them. Except eventually someone will wear a long sleeve shirt and claim they never got the tattoo that's on their arm.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
vatothe0 said:
One day, customers will be forced to get a tattoo of the terms and contract so they will remember them. Except eventually someone will wear a long sleeve shirt and claim they never got the tattoo that's on their arm.

Best part is, every customer gets a copy of everything they sign before they leave the building. Now, the form doesn't specifically say you can't exchange for a different device, but the sales person is SUPPOSED to say so when going over the paperwork.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Well they didn't, in fact when I called a different one they said they would exchange it as long as I had receipt and bonus gift.

Thank you again for your feedback and brilliant comments.

Last edited: