Exchanging the phone...

BostonDroid

Reaction score
I hate the battery cover on my phone...it slides open wayyyy too easily. I went back to the store yesterday and told them about the problem but all they did was give me another cover. Is this issue big enough that I should try to exchange it for another phone? And yes I am over my 30 day return policy, got it on day one... Any advise? Thanks a lot!

ps. Love the phone otherwise...

madrsx

Reaction score
Does the new cover fit well? It seems that if the new cover fits well then there is no need to exchange the phone. I think the fix in newer phones for the loose covers is that the engineers placed a slighly thicker pad on the back of the battery cover. so, you have all that a new droid would have if it works ok now.

OP
B

BostonDroid

Reaction score
The one that they gave me is pretty much the same as the original... I think the problem is with the actual phone and not the cover. I just want to exchange it but am not sure if I should even bother trying if they wont exchange it...

ldimick

Reaction score
There have been two videos posted on ways to fix this. One is to bend the cover slightly down the middle. I don't like this method. The next was to pry the metal receptacle part up a bit to make the indent fit more snugly. Don't like this method either. What I did was to slightly bend the cover from hook to hook in the other direction. This forces the top half of the cover up to fit more snugly. In other I bent it in the same direction (parallel) as the indent. Works much better,

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take it back and tell them to give you a new phone. You shouldn't have to do a "fix" for this. Mine is tight as can be, I really got to pull hard to get it off.

bbcrackman

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to "Fix" anything. I would exchange the device. But be aware they will probably send you a refurbished device. Not that it is an issue just thought that was info you needed.