Return Droid to stock

dstuart

Reaction score
I have an original Droid that the power button is broke on. I need to return to the Droid to Verizon for replacement, but I had previously rooted the phone. It still has SuperUser on the phone. How can I return the phone to stock without being able to turn the phone on and off?

I have searched the forums, but from what I have found, I need to be able turn the phone on and off for some of the processes to work.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Donald

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Theres an app called Hot Reboot in the market that gives the option to boot into the bootloader. Its a paid app but there may be free ones also.

OP
D

dstuart

Reaction score
Thanks, CJM

Thanks for the quick response, CJM. I should have been more clear. I had root, but lost it due to an OTA update. I need to get SuperUser off the phone, which was left on the phone after the ota update killed root. Since, Hot Reboot requires root, it doesn't help me.

So to clarify, I need to remove SuperUser from the phone, don't have root now and I assume I need to root to go to back to stock. Can I do this since the power button does not work.

Again, thanks for the quick response and sorry I wasn't clear enough in first request for help.

Thanks,

Donald

Droid916

Reaction score
I just did this the other day to my D1....I'm no pro, but with help of this forum and YouTube...I did it with RSDLite, Motorola USB drivers, and a sbp file for the A855.

Ok sorry...I just reread your post....not sure how to help you with the power button...I'd be interested to find out as well how to get around this issue

Last edited:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Ok. Your going to have to plug in your phone to a charger. Either usb or wall charger. Leave it plugged in and pull the battery. If its on the wall charger it should turn off then come back on. If its the usb your going to have to put the battery back in. Either way, BEFORE THE PHONE BOOTS, hold up on the directional pad to get into the bootloader.