restoring stock backup

rjcapp

Reaction score
Was I supposed to clear or wipe any data or caches prior to restoring my stock backup through ROM manager? ROM manager did not ask to clear anything and it looks like the backup restored everything exactly back the way I left it.

Here is what i did. New to flashing ROM s. I backed up stock ROM. Flashed sourcery through rom manager. At that point ROM manager asked and I cleared both data options prior to installing Sourcery. Decided to go back to stock for practice and again ROM manager restored the backup with out asking or wiping anything. Is this OK?

Hope I'm making sense!

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah you are fine. If you watch the screen it will outline how it is formatting everything before it restores the actual back up.

OP
R

rjcapp

Reaction score
Thanks. The phone is working fine. I did notice the outlined details during the install. I wasn't 100 % sure it formats. Cool stuff. Highly Addictive.

This forum possessed me into flashing my first ROM at midnight last night. Next thing I know its after 3 am.

Honestly as a newbie I was a little overwhelmed with all the settings and options in the sourcery ROM. Very impressed. I wish I had the knowledge and experience and felt more comfortable navigating settings.

I now realize what all the hype is about!!!!!

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah you're all good to go. And welcome to the root and custom ROM world, you thought Android was addicting before :biggrin: