Restoring SMS Messages after flashing a custom rom

frostyicy

Reaction score
Hey guys what is the best way to restore sms messages after flashing a new rom? I have SMS Back up and restore by Ritesh Sahu but of course Droid X has that timestamp issue and whenever i restore messages they are totally out of order. Is there a way around this, another app that works or some hack to correct this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback guys.

slipperypete22

Reaction score
Hey guys what is the best way to restore sms messages after flashing a new rom? I have SMS Back up and restore by Ritesh Sahu but of course Droid X has that timestamp issue and whenever i restore messages they are totally out of order. Is there a way around this, another app that works or some hack to correct this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback guys.

I am having the same problem. Does anyone know of a solution/workaround for this issue.

Thanks!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am pretty sure that right in the description of the app the developer says that it is a bug with the app. So I am going to have to say there is not a work around currently. I use this app all the time unfortunately it happens to me every time.

slipperypete22

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that right in the description of the app the developer says that it is a bug with the app. So I am going to have to say there is not a work around currently. I use this app all the time unfortunately it happens to me every time.

you are 100%, the developer notes it as a Motorola Issue. I used GO SMS to backup and restore the text messages and the results are a little wierd. If I open up Go SMS, the correct date/time is listed for all of my messages. If I then open the stock SMS app, everything is listed with the restored date/time. I guess my work around will be to just use the Go SMS app instead. Kinda sucks, but it is better than nothing I guess. I love trying new ROMs, but I am also tied to my text messages.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Same here, I love trying out everything. The messages do not bother me but it seems every time I do not restore them I end up realizing that something I deleted was actually important.

So as much as it stinks I deal with the out of order messages.