Restoring Phone Using MyBackupPro

glamtek666

Reaction score
Like many, my Droid(Stock, 2.1) has been lagging like crazy. I want to do a Factory reset. Ive installed MyBackupPro, and backed everything up. I've never done this before and am a little nervous. Ive searched the forums and cant find a step-by-step. Could someone throw this worry-wart a bone and give a detailed walk through of how to restore once the phone is wiped? Thanks.dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like many, my Droid(Stock, 2.1) has been lagging like crazy. I want to do a Factory reset. Ive installed MyBackupPro, and backed everything up. I've never done this before and am a little nervous. Ive searched the forums and cant find a step-by-step. Could someone throw this worry-wart a bone and give a detailed walk through of how to restore once the phone is wiped? Thanks.dancedroid

If I were you I'd just do a factory data reset through the privacy section of your Droid. When I've done that all my apps were waiting for me when I signed in.

It's easy to do the reinstall of apps you just select reinstall if I remember correctly. What I do remember is that it did not restore all of my unpaid apps, just a portion of them.

Just use the factory data reset. It should work just fine and it will refresh your Droid.

MaCe

Reaction score
the factory reset restores all pics and data on the SD card as well??

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the factory reset restores all pics and data on the SD card as well??

factory reset will not touch the sd card

to use mybackup pro after reseting, download a file manager from the market (astro works). then find the mybackuppro apk on the sd card to install it (just do a search for it)

after that you can go into the app and restore what you want

MaCe

Reaction score
thanks fellas .. my droid has been laggy as hell the past few weeks .. hope this helps

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Post back with a report if you don't mind. Mine is getting the same way, especially when making calls.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just want to mention don't forget about basic maintenance. Clear cookies, clean cache. I purchased a cache cleaner for rooted phones that does an excellent job.

Just like a computer, it requires a little maintenance.