How do I prevent my phone from restoring its settings?

Arakaine

Reaction score
I'm trying to solve a problem with my camera by doing a factory reset but the phone keeps restoring its old settings. I keep unchecking the two options in the Privacy section (do I want to Backup, do I want to Auto-Restore) of my Settings before and after wiping but whenever I activate the Market application, it instantly downloads all of my old apps and restores my previous settings. I'm at a loss here because there's a corrupted file on my backup and the phone keeps restoring itself if I try to put an app on even though I'm telling it not to.

I've done 9 factory wipes so far. I'll make sure everything is unchecked, then I'll load up the Market app and if I try to go to an app I already had installed, it says "Cancel Download" so I'll cancel it and then suddenly all my old apps & settings are back. :(

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want you can boot into recovery by holding Power and X from a powered down state, keep holding both untill your recovery screen comes up, at this recovery screen you will have the choice to clear data and cache if you clear both and reboot the phone it will be just as it was when you bought it new, then when you log in and go into the Market the only thing that will show is your paid applications

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Have you tried turning off autosync under account settings?