Restore bootloader

zakman42

Reaction score
So....I rooted my Droid a few months ago and it's been working great. Then a day or two ago I loaded the new Kangerade ROM onto my phone. I'm not sure if it's the ROM or the restore ROM that the ROM Manager loads or what. All I know is I am screwed right now. First, my bootloader seems screwed up. Second, my data connection has been killed.

If I reboot the phone and try to bring up the bootloader it just gets stuck on the Motorola logo. No matter how long I wait the logo doesn't go away and the phone is totally locked up. Eventually I took out the battery and the phone booted up into the OS. I also tried connecting the phone to my computer and using adb to reboot into recovery mode and into the bootloader. It always freezes on the Motorola logo.

My 3G connection is gone now so I can't get any data, browse the internet, get text messages, etc. I have no idea how it did that, but I need my data back. There was some script called "god mode" that Kangerade includes that broke the data connection. It also broke everything that needs root permission.

So, how do I restore the bootloader on my phone? How do I undo "god mode" and get 3G back and root privileges back?

Please help.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Not sure how to reverse god mode. To restore your recovery (boot loarder is something else) you can do this.
Push sprecovery using terminal emulator, if that do not work then use rsdlite.

here is the file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

here are the directions:
19. Open Terminal Emulator and type DO NOT TYPE THE QUOTATION MARKS!
"su" press enter and allow
"flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3b.img"
"reboot recovery"

will get you sprecovery then y ou can flash another ROM and get SU back. kind of a round about thing but ROM manager seems to strip recovery on the froyo ROMs sometimes.

OP
Z

zakman42

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try that when I get home tonight.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If you're familiar with ADB and can't get it through terminal emulater you can push it with ADB. If that doesn't work you can flash the sprecovery .sbf with rsd lite. just click option 1 in my sig and gives you the steps and files you need for rsd lite.