I need HELP with A855 2c.7c Bootloader issue

OP
A

alee18

Reaction score
Ok so after doing hours of reading and trying different methods moving around SBF files around C drive, desktop, documents, downloads as recommended by some users, NOTHING has worked I still can not get my phone to work?

What I was able to do is remove the "code corrupt" message in bootloader screen by downloading and running this SBF SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf now the phone boots up with Moto logo, but then goes to bootloader screen saying:

Bootloader

2c.7c

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

If I turn on my phone holding power button and X it takes me to SPRecovery. What can I do now to make this phone have Android OS on it and make it work?

OP
A

alee18

Reaction score
^ will try to do that. I was thinking do I need to download Android OS on like an SD card to install it on my phone, or what is ROM that I have been reading about?

Or the only thing I need to worry about is to upload a GOOD SBF file via RSD Lite? Thanks

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, you could try naming the zip that guidot posted. Rename it to update.zip and put it on your sd card and use sp recovery to flash it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
A

alee18

Reaction score
Well, you could try naming the zip that guidot posted. Rename it to update.zip and put it on your sd card and use sp recovery to flash it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I renamed it to update.zip
uploaded it on 2GB SD card
Entered the SPRecovery and then chose
the Install option, Install/sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

Says:

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I've heard that even though there are updates to rsdlite you should still use an older version of it. You should try 4.6. Here's my link RSDLite_4.6.zip

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I downloaded RSD Lite 4.6, same results.

OP
A

alee18

Reaction score
I did click on it, but there was no message below to confirm that action. As soon as I click on Install/sdcard/update.zip

it writes instantly the message below:

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.

This whole process has been so frustrating, I think I have tried everything I could find..

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may have a dud. There have been a few of these cases, where the phone just won't take anything anymore.

If you can't flash an SBF, and it won't install a signed VZW update, that's not a good sign.

OP
A

alee18

Reaction score
You may have a dud. There have been a few of these cases, where the phone just won't take anything anymore.

If you can't flash an SBF, and it won't install a signed VZW update, that's not a good sign.

Can you explain some basics to me please? so far I have been just doing everything like a money, just copying and doing steps following guides.

1) From what I understand my phone currently is "empty" does not have an Android OS installed on it, thats why I cant do a hard reset correct?

2) Are SBF files Im trying to install via RSD is the Android OS?

3) Is using ROM or Rooting my phone can possibly solve my issue?

4) Or am I having all this problems due to damaged Mother Board chip, so if I get a working MB Chip can I just drop it in my phone and will it work then?

Thanks

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Can you explain some basics to me please? so far I have been just doing everything like a money, just copying and doing steps following guides.

1) From what I understand my phone currently is "empty" does not have an Android OS installed on it, thats why I cant do a hard reset correct?

2) Are SBF files Im trying to install via RSD is the Android OS?

3) Is using ROM or Rooting my phone can possibly solve my issue?

4) Or am I having all this problems due to damaged Mother Board chip, so if I get a working MB Chip can I just drop it in my phone and will it work then?

Thanks

Edit:
1-?
2-yes
3-if you're rooted and have a working recovery, then yes.

Tapped from an Umbrickable DROID

Last edited:
OP
A

alee18

Reaction score
Edit:
1-?
2-yes
3-if you're rooted and have a working recovery, then yes.

Tapped from an Umbrickable DROID

Im not sure if my phone is rooted, I bought it used in this condition. I have an SP Recovery, is that something I would use to root my phone?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

alee18

Reaction score
Is ESN same thing as MEID and are they registered to a mother board chip or?

Because I have another Droid that has a cracked screen and possibly a bad ESN, but is in working condition. If I take the MB chip from the cracked screen Droid and replace it with the one Im having trouble with bootloader, will I be able to use this phone?

Thanks