Resistance was futile in my quest for a Droid

one_L_michele

Reaction score
I became the owner of a Droid X today and while I am very pleased, I am also a bit overwhelmed by it. Its battery finally powered down to 5%, so I turned it off and am giving it a break (full charge).
Michèle

tlm1447

Reaction score
Quick tip charge your phone to 100% then let it run all the way down until it powers off then charge it all the way back up this will help calibrate the battery and should result in better battery life. :-D worked for me

Sent from my LS670 using DroidForums App

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. droids will always have battery deficiencies. but there are some help, like checking ur settings, view ur task mgr. but I have juicedefender and I have it customer to certain functions on my phone. no app killers
n e way, enjoy

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Check out all of the X sections by clicking the Forum tab above. You will find a lot of very helpful information about you X in the different sections.

Mike

Canadroid

Reaction score
I became the owner of a Droid X today and while I am very pleased, I am also a bit overwhelmed by it. Its battery finally powered down to 5%, so I turned it off and am giving it a break (full charge).
Michèle

Another Dx owner--welcome to the Droid Forums!

This was a quest where you really have no option but to just crumble and give in, so congrats on your lack of willpower! :pint:

As Tlm said, your battery cycles should be much better the next few, don't sweat it!

OP
O

one_L_michele

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
Given that I just brought the phone home from the store I was surprise that it even had that much juice to it.
I have always been a stickler for doing just what you have suggested: letting it drain completely, charging it to its full capacity and repeat the procedure. I also do that with the device turned off.
Still I was thinking of buying an extended life battery from Verizon. Worth the $50?
Michèle

Canadroid

Reaction score
Still I was thinking of buying an extended life battery from Verizon. Worth the $50?
Michèle

Just wait on that. I was convinced I would need one when I signed up--have yet to buy ~four months in. Granted I'm on a D2 not a Dx, but impressed with the battery life I do get out of the OEM battery.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
agree, wait on it. when I got mine I let it drained like u should then charge fully, like u should. took a few weeks but with readjusting ur settings and other things, im running a near 17 hours before charging it. that is checking emails, checking twitter, browsing, etc. light to moderate usage. knock on wood everything is good on my end

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global