Reset problems...

nakagaki

Reaction score
Hey guys I searched google and the forum for this problem and I found nothing. Hopefully one of you know what's going on...

I am trying to restore my droid to factory settings but none of the reset methods are working. FYI my droid is NOT rooted.

I tried the power button + X when turning on the phone but the phone just gets stuck @ the motorola screen. I held it down for a minute and it still gets stuck and the moto screen. No yellow triangle pops up at all.

Next I tried the privacy / reset button. The phone turns off and back on and gets stuck again on the motorola screen. If left it @ that screen for 45 mins and it did nothing. I had to take out the battery to make it go away.

Any idea why my phone refuses to hard reset? Please help!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since the factory reset did not work and you are not rooted I think I would go to a VZW store or call customer service and ask for assistance.

Mike

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Are you holding x then hitting power? Sounds like youre hitting them both at the same time. Hold x first, hit power...keep holding x.

sylvian77

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Went to verizon store, no help. Please post if you find a fix....I cant find the answer to the problem anywhere.

My droid is not rooted.
-will not go into recovery mode (I try it on a friends droid and i can get it into recovery mode no problem).

-Freezes on M logo when attempting a factory reset by way of settings, privacy, factory reset.

Using a file manager i see that the native recovery file is there, so I'm out of ideas.

thanks

Last edited:

sylvian77

Reaction score
When I do that this is what I get:

Bootloader
2C.6C

Battery OK
OK to program
connect USB
Data cable

motoman37

Reaction score
Same issue, but rooted

Bootloader
2C.6C

Battery OK
OK to program
connect USB
Data cable

So I rcvd my droid last night and proceeded to "root" the system. Everything here went according to plan and I now have the ninja looking icon on my system.

Next, since I would like to eventually install a different ROM, I went to install Nandroid using Droid Root Helper (and the tools associated with it). When I went to reboot into recovery, my phone got stuck with the "M" logo (I thought that I had bricked it)...I had to pull the battery, and was able to load normally.

Problem is that when I try to boot into recovery mode, it hangs. Not sure what I did wrong, or what to look for to see if I overwrote a file, deleted a file, etc. Any advice is much appreciated!

motoman37

Reaction score
Fixed

Bootloader
2C.6C

Battery OK
OK to program
connect USB
Data cable

So I rcvd my droid last night and proceeded to "root" the system. Everything here went according to plan and I now have the ninja looking icon on my system.

Next, since I would like to eventually install a different ROM, I went to install Nandroid using Droid Root Helper (and the tools associated with it). When I went to reboot into recovery, my phone got stuck with the "M" logo (I thought that I had bricked it)...I had to pull the battery, and was able to load normally.

Problem is that when I try to boot into recovery mode, it hangs. Not sure what I did wrong, or what to look for to see if I overwrote a file, deleted a file, etc. Any advice is much appreciated!

Never mind on the problem...I ended up manually installing via the Terminal and it worked perfectly. I think that somehow I deleted the "stock" file for recovery mode, but I was able to replace with the recovery image 0.99.3.img. Can't wait to try a new ROM and OC the processor.

JS