rerouting of customized google maps

urquietlady

Reaction score
I ride a motorcycle and like to follow multi destination back roads. I have created these routes using Google maps. I am able to open these maps and see the written turn by turn directions, but when I open the maps using the navigator using the voice turn by turn directions, my maps are rerouted to use the most direct route skipping all of by additional destinations. However, the turn by turn text version is still present. In other words if I want to go to point A, To point C, to point F, my Android 2 navigator will take me from point A directly to point F. Does anyone know how to turn off this rerouting feature, so I can use my customized map?

SGTiger

Reaction score
I ride a motorcycle and like to follow multi destination back roads. I have created these routes using Google maps. I am able to open these maps and see the written turn by turn directions, but when I open the maps using the navigator using the voice turn by turn directions, my maps are rerouted to use the most direct route skipping all of by additional destinations. However, the turn by turn text version is still present. In other words if I want to go to point A, To point C, to point F, my Android 2 navigator will take me from point A directly to point F. Does anyone know how to turn off this rerouting feature, so I can use my customized map?

This shortcoming is my biggest disappointment regarding google navigation.

beckx020

Reaction score
I make multiple routes. One at a time. Point A to C. After I get there, then Point C to point F.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I make multiple routes. One at a time. Point A to C. After I get there, then Point C to point F.

LOL, I hope I'm not in front of you as you're telling the navigator to calc each leg of your route. Especially if you have a dozen different changes from the route Google wants you to take.

In all seriousness Google, you let us drag and drop a route on a PC and make a hundred changes if we need them for a long haul. You then let us save the route. You let us download it to the Maps app. For Pete's sake, allow the navigation to follow the custom route.