Google Maps Question

hajabooja

Reaction score
I feel like I should know this but I wasn't sure. Does Google Maps Navigation pre-load the route? So if I was driving on a route and lost service of any kind would it still navigate with no problem? Obviously if I needed to reroute in some way I would need a data connection.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it preloads it or not but I do know that once you lose connection with the GPS it will tell you so. Don't think there is much to worry about though the GPS navigation on this thing is awesome.

Motoman

Reaction score
I would have to say it would be ok, send once you have the route location, the only reason fro the connection would be for like turn by turn, or reroute. if you dont need those you should be fine, but the track line in the map its self should stay

DarrellM5

Reaction score
I live in a very rural area (3 hours from the nearest traffic light) and I can tell you for certain that it will preload the route. The satellite layer will come and go as you go in and out of 3g coverage, but the roads and navigation won't miss a beat.

OP
H

hajabooja

Reaction score
I live in a very rural area (3 hours from the nearest traffic light) and I can tell you for certain that it will preload the route. The satellite layer will come and go as you go in and out of 3g coverage, but the roads and navigation won't miss a beat.

Nice, thanks a lot!