Reports of HTC One Severe Battery Drain Issues After the Android 4.4 KitKat Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
battery-in-the-red.jpg

A small but increasing number of users are reporting extremely poor battery life issues after getting the OTA Android 4.4 KitKat update for the HTC One. The problem doesn't seem to be targeting any specific carrier either, as users who have reported this range from Sprint to T-Mobile and others.

There is a thread on the subject over at our sister-site @ HTCOneForum.com. Here's the link: Battery Drains Fast After Android 4.4 Kitkat Update - Page 2

Perhaps we might be able to narrow down the issue with the greater resources found here on DroidForums, so we wanted to share it over here as well. We have not found any official word from HTC on the subject just yet, but will keep you posted. Sound off in this thread if you have experienced this problem, and might know more about it or a solution.

devdeuce

Reaction score
My brother had a severe battery problem after update, but an fdr seems to have fixed his problem.

there is no spoon

omata

Reaction score
After upgrade, my device won't charge if it is not being used, I must put it in stand by. Before I could use my device while it was charging.

Enviado desde mi HTC One mediante Tapatalk