Android 4.4 KitKat Coming to HTC One in January & Droid DNA in Q1 2014

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-change-twitter-logo.png

It certainly seems like the OEMs for Android smartphones are working faster than ever to get the newest version of Android ready for their smartphones (or at least their flagship devices). HTC just announced that Android 4.4 KitKat will be ready for their HTC One by the end of January. Not only that, but it looks like the Droid DNA will be getting it not too long after that... sometime in Q1 2014. Just recently, HTC announced they sent the Android 4.4 KitKat code for the Google Play Edition version of the HTC One to Google. It has yet to start filtering onto that device, but we should expect it shortly.

Ironically, for owners of the Verizon version of the HTC One, the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update has been delayed, but HTC still claims they are on track for a December launch of 4.4/KitKat for that same device. Of course, it's entirely possible that Verizon will delay that update and Big Red customers won't see KitKat on their HTC One until sometime next year. We will keep you apprised as things shake out.

Source: HTC USA

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
On the theme of "wow they're moving fast," I must report a strange fact: last night my wife's VERIZON Moto X updated to KitKat. Which wouldn't be so remarkable, other than the fact that her GOOGLE Nexus 7 FHD has not updated yet.

Verizon beat Google???? Impossible, yet true.

EDIT: oh, but more germane to the story at hand...I have to scratch my head and wonder...I'm supposedly getting 4.3 on my new One in the next week or two, and then barely a month later I'm getting 4.4? That boggles my mind.

-Matt

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Woot woot some DNA love ha looking forward to it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk