A Soak Test for Android 4.4 KitKat on the AT&T Moto X Just Kicked Off

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola_moto_x_jade_color.jpg

It certainly looks like the Android 4.4 KitKat will be on most versions of the Moto X very soon. AT&T just had a KitKat soak test start for their version of the Moto X. It's ironic that Verizon actually beat AT&T to the punch on getting a soak test going for the Android 4.4 update on their version of the Moto X. More than likely, this bodes well for a rapid launch of Android 4.4 KitKat for all versions of the Moto X.

What's even more ironic is that there are a ton of folks out there with Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 tablets who still haven't received their Android 4.4 KitKat updates. If they don't speed up the rollout, we could actually see a non-Nexus device get its official rollout of the newest version of Android before some Nexus devices!

Source: AndroidAuthority

djspy

Reaction score
What you mean could see? We already saw! Both my Nexus 7 and 10 are still on jellybean.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
It is very strange. My 2013 Nexus 7 still doesn't update, but 2 days after getting my Big Red Moto X, Kit Kat arrived. Not complaining mind you. Just odd. Verizon letting an update out in a timely fashion? Unheard of. Seems like the Nexi are out in the cold...