Replacing Digitizer soon- NEED HELP

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
So I've one through many videos of replacing the screens of RAZRs, but can't find one that details and shows how to separate the digitizer from the actual LCD and then replace it back! Do I need adhesive to glue it back? will it just still back on? Does anyone have an experience replacing just the digitizer?

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
i replaced one on my Bionic twice(first one was faulty) not familiar w razr, but on the bionic it was really simple. the only thing that was glued was the digitizer to the frame, and it was held in place w 3 m foam tape. no glue it required to attach the digitizer to the lcd. any questions i'll be glad to help. i ordered my digitizer from amazon, the vendor was called electromaster, both digitizers are faulty with dead spots, electromaster wont help since they want me to mail it back, so i wouldnt recommend them.

OP
N

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
I ordered mine off an ebay distributor. A company called mobileuniverse-us :

Black Glasstouch Screen Digitizer for Motorola Droid RAZR XT910 XT912 Tools US | eBay

I read on one video (in the comments from the author) that the LCD was attached the Digitizer and couldn't be removed, but we'll see. Other videos show removing it. How did you reattach the digitizer? Was there already an adhesive on the LCD part and you just reapplied it to the new digitizer? Thanks for your help btw.