94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
UPDATE!!!

Successfully removed the LCD from the display panel, only to discover the digitizer was cracked as well (cracks on the digitizer are in the same pattern that the (original) cracks on the LCD were).

Honestly, it feels like I've turned into Bad Luck Brian this week. This project is down the drain, my Pro is messed up, and the dog took a dump in my truck and smashed it into my cloth seats. :sad:

That's too bad...roflol...:) baaahahahaha. Sorry I can't help it... the dog part is just too much.... lol.

I hope your issues get resolved. :) gets some febreeze and some carpet cleaner. Possibly a little degreaser and a touch of paint thinner to get that out of the seat.

Wow I thought I had terrible luck :screwy::what:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
That's too bad...roflol...:) baaahahahaha. Sorry I can't help it... the dog part is just too much.... lol.

I hope your issues get resolved. :) gets some febreeze and some carpet cleaner. Possibly a little degreaser and a touch of paint thinner to get that out of the seat.

Wow I thought I had terrible luck :screwy::what:

It's fine. I figure if I can at least get a water damaged RAZR and use the display out of it, I can still come out ahead. We'll see.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
That's one of the reasons why you get leather, well not necessarily for dog $hit but things are generally easier to clean off.

At least on your phones someone actually them, mine keep coming broken(not screens but other things) & my dog died.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
That's one of the reasons why you get leather, well not necessarily for dog $hit but things are generally easier to clean off.

At least on your phones someone actually them, mine keep coming broken(not screens but other things) & my dog died.

Dang. Sorry about your dog. In the case of the Droid RAZR, I'd rather have anything but a broken screen. They're too :cus: expensive to fix!

And you're right about leather. Both my parents have leather seats, I got cloth. But I can't complain about that, my truck is still really nice.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Sorry to hear about your dog. That sucks. :(

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Yeah, it really does suck, he was the first dog that was my dog that I kept for it's whole life, but it help a lot that knew his time was coming soon & we got a couple of young Cocker Spaniels as well as another old Lab to help keep my mind off of him being gone. Even though all he really did was sleep most of the time it seemed so quiet right after he passed & the first day that I went to work afterwards, when I got home the house felt empty even with other 3 there to greet me. He was the longest constant I had during my entire life.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I know how you feel. I had a blue healer that was my best friend. He lived to be 15 years old. It killed me when he died. I to this day cannot and will not get another dog. His name was Rex. And he was a king :)

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
The dog that defecated in my truck today is 14 almost 15. I'm not expecting him to live much longer, but he's been out of his mind for a year or two. It's almost like we've already lost him...

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
My lab was alsmost 14, which is well past the average life for his breed, plus he was larger than average which seems to normally shorten there life span. Mine was still all there mentally but he could hardly see, nearly deaf, of course his joints had seen better days, but I was starting to get really concerned about how much is rapidly degrading muscles would be able to carry his large body. We were pretty sure he wouldn't make it through the year but was surprised how quickly he ended up going.

Here's a pretty cool dog poop story about him from some years back. We stayed at my wife's condo for awhile before moving back to one of my houses. Since the condo didn't have a yard only a patio, I didn't bother adding a doggie door like he had become used to over the previous couple of years since he won't go concrete. Anyway I had got home from work and let him & my wife's dog out of the kitchen but needed to do something before taking him out(he also wouldn't use the newspaper she lays down for her dog). I come back in to take him out and decide to do myself first & I notice the bathroom smells like crap, I start looking around and don't see anything at first, then I look in the bathtub and my dog had gone in it because he had the runs and couldn't hold it. I'm still not sure why he chose the tub but I'm really glad he did and even more so just flat out impressed. I've actually had 4 labs(he was my 3rd) & they've all been smart like labs generally are but he was the smartest, not only in things like being easy train & able to understand multiple word commands, but all thing he'd figure out how to do on his own. He even potty trained my other lab for me.

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Ok back from vacation (unfortunately). I ended up purchasing a water damaged white RAZR and I just got the phone all back together. It's working great, except the soft keys are going insane. I think it may be because of the water damage, and if it is, that's a real shame since the screen is in beautiful shape. I may have to break it down again tomorrow and look for water residue on the ribbon cable.

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Took the back off and the battery out to get to the display access panel. Pulled that off, looked over the ribbon connectors, and they were fine. Looked at the access panel, and it looked like the little "feet" on the back were flat against it so I bent those back out. Re-assembled the phone, and BAM it works flawlessly!!!