Replacement Screen and Housing

DelcoMatt

Reaction score
I have had an Android Phone since the original "droid" came to Verizon Wireless back in late October 2009. I was one of the a-holes who woke up at 3:00 to buy it. However I am not as tech savvy as I wish I was.

Point is I had this Bionic for about 20 months now. As much as I complain about the phone fact is that is still a nice piece of equipment. Now, I have a nice crack on the front screen, and the housing and the external buttons show signs of use. I'm thinking I would like to just refurbish this phone and keep it for a little while longer as I do not want to give up my unlimited data plan. Ever since I discovered I can plug my cell phone into my laptop via USB, and ride internet from it, I use it pretty heavily when I am at my vacation house.

I noticed there is a multitude of vendors selling replacement screens online and that the prices vary greatly. I am not sure if some vendors sell a better quality product than others or if some venders are just making a bigger mark-up.

So I am just curious if ya'll can recommend a specific vendor to buy these replacement parts? Also should I try to do this repair myself or just send it to an expert repair person?

Parts needed:
-Front Glass
-Housing
-Top power button
-Side Volume button.

jake86us

Reaction score
I dont think you will loose your unlimited data if you upgrade. You upgrade with the same data plan you just go back under the contract.