Replacement phone, what now!

Bunyan

Reaction score
Hi All,

My old Droid X was acting up on me and I got a replacement X. My question now is how do I re-install my old apps?
I'm pretty sure they're still on my SD card but I can't find them and when I go the the Market and re-install the app I don't have any of my old info stored on it. Can I pull my old info off the SD card and integrate it with the newly installed app?

Thanks in advance.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
After you activate your new phone, just go to the market and they will be downloading already!

OP
B

Bunyan

Reaction score
Hey, I went to the Market and I didn't see anything downloading but I went to "Downloads" and was able to re-install my purchased apps but they didn't install on their own. Also, my "fee" apps I had to go find and install again. For example, ESPN Score Center, I have to add all my personal teams again. Or another app "Carango", it doesn't show any of my old inputs for my Vehicle.

xan

Reaction score
Free apps don't show up in my apps on new phones, despite what vrz/google/moto seems to think.

xush

Reaction score
Yep, had to DL all mine over again too; no auto-dls. Titanium backup made the restoration a lot smoother, but it still took quite a while

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I use appbrain to keep all my apps synced with the exceptions of the Amazon store, and that has its own sync once I get the app loaded. Much better than relying on market as it does not tend to save the free apps.

That is a minor advantage for pruning unused apps though when you reinstall.

OP
B

Bunyan

Reaction score
Yep, I'm starting to realize that. I guess I'll have to re-download all the free ones and input all my info on certain apps. That really blows.
I also had a lot of info stored on my "Notepad" app that I'll have to redo aagain too. At least I e-mailed everything to myself that was important. Just a shame my Droid X went belly up on me. I do have my eye on the Incredible 2 (I think it's a world phone too) but none of the phones out there are really worth paying full price since I'm not due for a new phone for another year.

xush

Reaction score
AppBrain saved me some trouble too; my last Titanium b'up was pretty old, but AppBrain showed all the apps I'd dl'd since that b'up. Accessing it online helped remind me which apps I still needed to DL after restoring the phone.

I don't know if I could have gotten my phone as close to its previous state w/out AppBrain, root, & Titanium b'up