Replacement Droid battery life sucks

Wadzii

Reaction score
I bricked my phone a week ago, got the replacement and using the same battery, same rom, same everything as before this new phone only lasts about 12hrs, my old one could easily last twice as long.

what gives here... is there really this much inconsistency or did i get a crap phone?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sometimes it can take up to a week to "break in" the new battery. Wait a week or so. If the battery life doesn't improve, then you may want to contact Verizon...but it should break in.

OP
W

Wadzii

Reaction score
its not a new battery, they gave me a refurb, i had to keep my old battery and battery door

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is your Setcpu settings the EXACT same?

OP
W

Wadzii

Reaction score
as far as i can tell they are. I never mess with the refresh rates or profiles, i just set it to 250 min, 1100 max with the governor set to ondemand

The battery life w/the old phone never really varied much, it was always around 24-26 hours regardless of the rom or set cpu settings.

QuickSilver98

Reaction score
Thats why I have two batteries :)

All things aside, it does seem strange that your phone only lasts 12hrs. One of mine will last the entire day with moderate useage.

Maybe theres an app constantly running when it shouldn't or, an app syncing way too much ( like twitter or facebook)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
W

Wadzii

Reaction score
I'm stumped, i checked for things such as that, but i cant see anything different from the way the phone was setup before.

Its getting pretty annoying to have to remember to charge it at work or it dies on the way home.