Inaccurate Battery Meter Readings

TooFastForYa

Reaction score
I received a referb unit and with it my battery meter shows that the battery drains really fast down to 5%. Then it will last quite a while before shutting down. This is the same battery used in my old phone and it would still last longer overall, but my concern is that this phone isn't accurately displaying the battery percentage since the phone remains powered for so long at 5%. I thought maybe the phone needed to "learn" the battery discharge curve so I have given it a chance, but there has been no change over the past week. Is there anything to edit or do I just have a faulty device?
Thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds strange to me that the percent drops quickly and at 5% you continue to be able have power. Call VZW and ask them. If your lucky they may send you another device.

Let us know.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That should be covered under warranty. I would imagine they would switch it out for you in case there's an emergency and your phone is at 5%, you'd never know when its really gonna die

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't overlook the possibility that the problem lies with the battery rather than with the phone. I believe that virtually all battery meter apps (including the stock version) reads battery voltage to determine the amount of battery life available. The problem may well lie with a faulty battery providing erroneous data.

justinc101011

Reaction score
Does the battery drain toofastforya? Lol sorry I had to.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
T

TooFastForYa

Reaction score
It isn't the battery, I have tried multiple, all the same result.