Battery life on Moto starting to suck?

tschuller83

Reaction score
Hey ive noticed the battery life on my phone starting to suck... any ideas to help? im thinking about buying the Seidio 2800 battery for replacement.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
New batteries are always good!

Have you tried calibrating it recently? Once/month you should drain the battery until the phone shuts down. Then completely charge the battery until full.

Are you sure it's not some app/widget/live wallpaper draining the battery? Download an app like Spare Parts to analyze the situation.

Don't use task killers or antivirus.

OP
T

tschuller83

Reaction score
yes quite a few times i have used the phone till it was dead then charged it the next day overnight.

New batteries are always good!

Have you tried calibrating it recently? Once/month you should drain the battery until the phone shuts down. Then completely charge the battery until full.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't want to fully discharge too often as that has bad effects on the battery.

Note, I added more to my above post since your reply. Don't know why it doesn't say that I edited my post.

brochaos

Reaction score
li-ion batteries only last for about 300-500 charge cycles before they start to deteriorate. a lot of us are probably approaching that number around this time.

SEGA

Reaction score
As you download more apps, I found that:

1) many apps stay on unless you turn them off.

2) I had an app on my phone draining the battery so ad that I would go to bed with 80% charge and wake up with the phone dead.

I did a factory reset and reinstalled the apps with Android Market Place install All Past Apps, deselected the ones that I thought caused the problem and now my battery lasts normal.

Also get 'White Killer' App, to me it's a must, or check your applications running under setting frequently to see whats running that shouldn't be.

OP
T

tschuller83

Reaction score
You don't want to fully discharge too often as that has bad effects on the battery.

Note, I added more to my above post since your reply. Don't know why it doesn't say that I edited my post.

well i have advanced task killer on my phone now
havent tried spare parts but i will

SEGA

Reaction score

I never liked ATK, get 'White Killer' very simple, gets the job done.

OP
T

tschuller83

Reaction score

I never liked ATK, get 'White Killer' very simple, gets the job done.

Thanks for info... seems like a good app

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
What if Bill Gates or Steve Jobs explained it?

If you're a very advanced user and rooted, you MIGHT be able to set up a task killer that outdoes the built-in android one, but for most users, all newbs, and me...no task killing.

Last edited:

iPirate

Reaction score
I suggest getting every task killer and battery "watcher" available in the market!

Fletchi18

Reaction score
Since I got 2.2 on my Moto Droid (applied the update that Verizon sent out last week, but stopped), I noticed that the battery was not lasting as long as it used to. Last night I figured out why: every time I turned on Wifi, it would turn off the screen auto brightness. So the brighter screen always on was just running through the battery!