Replaced with new Droid 3

meatballparm8.0

Reaction score
I had a problem with my sound input and sent the phone back to Motorola. I was surprised to receive a brand new Droid 3 as a replacement instead of them repairing it. I'm guessing they send it somewhere to be fixed and these are the refurbished ones that Verizon tries to give you when you are having issues. If you're under the year warranty I suggest sending directly to Moto.

-MeatballParm8.0

akhi216

Reaction score
You don't like the Droid 3?

Sent from my R800x using DroidForums

OP
meatballparm8.0

meatballparm8.0

Reaction score
Quite the contrary. It's an enjoyable phone. Not sure if I was clear but I had a Droid 3 with a sound issue, sent it back to Motorola to have it repaired but they replaced it with a new Droid 3...

akhi216

Reaction score
Sorry I misunderstood you. The Droid 3 is quite a phone. Once you get past the lack of 4G and the lack of cutting edge RAM specs, it's an awesome device.

spunker88

Reaction score
I think the point he's trying to make is instead of getting a refurbished replacement from Verizon you can get a new replacement from Motorola. Who knows how long this will last as I'm sure production of the Droid 3 has stopped by now with the Droid 4 coming out so soon.

jimikeys

Reaction score
how did you know to send it to motorola? I'd be interested in doing that if I run into issues

akhi216

Reaction score
They probably seemed you phone a lemon.

OP
meatballparm8.0

meatballparm8.0

Reaction score
@jimikeys, I just checked to see what the warranty was and since I got the phone in July, it was under a year. I also recommend pressing them if they try to get you to pay for shipping the device. They tried to say they won't pay for it but I argued that it was under warranty and the manufacturer's hardware issue so why should I pay. They agreed to mail me a fedex label...