repeating alert tones

ephlat

Reaction score
Maybe my brain is not what it used to be... Isn't there a setting that determines how often an audible notice for a missed call, email, text message, voice mail, etc. should repeat? If I miss the initial alert, I would like the phone to continue to alert me until I take a look. Too many times I've missed a call and/or have a voicemail message, but didn't hear the original alert tone due to noise, being away from the phone, etc. and then not realizing that I had a mesage until I picked up the phone for some other reason and noticed the blinking light. I'm almost sure there used to be a way to configure the alert tone to repeat at certain intervals, but I can't seem to find it now. (I'm on ICS .215)

SallyC

Reaction score
Maybe my brain is not what it used to be... Isn't there a setting that determines how often an audible notice for a missed call, email, text message, voice mail, etc. should repeat? If I miss the initial alert, I would like the phone to continue to alert me until I take a look. Too many times I've missed a call and/or have a voicemail message, but didn't hear the original alert tone due to noise, being away from the phone, etc. and then not realizing that I had a mesage until I picked up the phone for some other reason and noticed the blinking light. I'm almost sure there used to be a way to configure the alert tone to repeat at certain intervals, but I can't seem to find it now. (I'm on ICS .215)

I'm not aware of anything within ICS, but Missed Message Flasher will do it for you.

OP
E

ephlat

Reaction score
Thanks, Sally. I'll give that a try.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Light Flow is another great app that I've used forever. Beep right away then cricket sound every three minutes until I notice! :biggrin: