reoccurring problem FROM HELL.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
my phone keeps randomly locking up, especially during flicking through the app drawer or pressing home, or even typing, sometimes htc sense kills itself, sometimes my home screen kills itself. halp me. with or without overclocking. no task killers. happens on senseless and sense roms.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
bump :'(, is any of this out of date?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jUst one question. Have you tried a factory data reset?

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
jUst one question. Have you tried a factory data reset?

I thought that was the same as clearing cache and data and dalvik cache through cwm? or am I mistaken?

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you are rooted yes? Did you factory wipe before installing ROM's? As Hook suggests, you do need to do that when installing ROMs, or even if still stock, a factory reset could be in order. If you are rooted, go back to a backup you would have that was working correctly before the lockups occurred.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
So you are rooted yes? Did you factory wipe before installing ROM's? As Hook suggests, you do need to do that when installing ROMs, or even if still stock, a factory reset could be in order. If you are rooted, go back to a backup you would have that was working correctly before the lockups occurred.

alright, thank you guys, I'll do it tonight and get back with you as I have a busy day, reverted to das bamf temporarily as it crashes less for some reason but still experiences the issue, luckily I backed up before I flashed my first rom.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree with the others.. give the phone a good wipe clean and set up again. If you have apps that you want to back up use Tiatnium for the apps, and then just clean data wipe (like 3 or 4 times) in recovery and then fresh install of ROM of choice.

I did find that the OC kernels that are around 1.8 and 2gig would work great but would give me issues if I pushed phone to much. But you stated that the issue was even without OC. So good luck. Hope all works out.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I am an idiot. I reverted to my stock backup, planned on factoryresetting it, then hopping into cwm, and data wiping a few times as suggested, BUT...what ACTUALLY happened, was I reverted, factory reset, then lolsuperuserwentonvacation. UGH. I'm not in the mood to redo that entire process right now, that was quite depressing, I'll take care of it later and get back to you guys, I appreciate the responses. Time to slap myself silly.

PS: UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PSNUMBERTWO: I can't wait anymore, the nerd inside me wants out, rooting.

Last edited:
OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
all is well so far, if it comes back I'll let you guys know, if not then thank you very much for your helpful suggestions.