Renaming Starred Locations in Goog Maps

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted this or not, but I didn't find any.

Starred locations in google maps is a nice way to be able to save locations, but up till now I never could rename them. You can't rename them in google maps on a pc or phone. However...for whatever reason ,when you star a location it saves it to your google bookmarks as well, and you CAN change the names of these bookmarks.

Just log into google bookmarks on a pc (maybe droid as well) and your starred locations will show up among your web bookmarks. Just click edit and change the name to whatever you want.

Now when you pull up starred items in maps (menu -> more -> starred items) it will show the name you changed it to (with the location in tiny print below).

IMO this was the last big missing item to goog navigation.

gloster

Reaction score
Bless you cowpoke; that's a big help. I share your feeling that this was a big limitation. However, I wouldn't call it fully solved yet. We should be able to enter and name locations on the go, from our phone.

OP
C

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Bless you cowpoke; that's a big help. I share your feeling that this was a big limitation. However, I wouldn't call it fully solved yet. We should be able to enter and name locations on the go, from our phone.

Totally agree, if not in the phone's maps app, at the very least you should be able to rename map shortcuts in the browser version of maps.

Having to do it through Google bookmarks is sorta like having to gas up your car through the AC vent.

Atleast my starred locations make sense at a glance now.