Removing Corporate Contacts from Stock App

BKApple

Reaction score
When I search my contacts on the stock ICS app, it pulls contacts from my corporate email account--every single name in a company of hundreds including folks who left years ago, but are still in the system. I don't have these people in my contacts; the phone seems to being pulling them off the company's server. Meaning, I don't see these names if I'm scrolling through the contacts. They only appear when I'm searching. For example, if I'm searching for my dad, John Smith, after typing "John," his contact info is the first result, but then every John in my company is under his name. I've gone into Accounts & Sync, then the account settings for this email, and only "Sync email from this address" is checked off.

Does anyone know how I can keep my corporate email account, but stop those contacts from being searchable in the stock contacts app?

And a bonus question, but less important: how can I ensure gmail is my default email client? Since trying to figure this out, I've been in and out of the corporate email settings, and every time, the "default account" option is checked off even though I uncheck it. Am I missing something about saving changed setting options?

Thanks!