Removing a Screen Protector From the Droid Bionic

frankthetank250

Reaction score
I bought the screen protector at verizon when I bought my phone and they put it on for me. I've had the phone since the 8th so it's been on there for like over two weeks now. It's the matte finish one and I hate how it makes my screen look. I was thinking of taking it off but I'm afraid it will leave a residue or something on the screen. Has anyone taken this screen protector off before? And if they did, did it come off clean or leave a residue on the screen? Thanks in advance for any help!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I bought the screen protector at verizon when I bought my phone and they put it on for me. I've had the phone since the 8th so it's been on there for like over two weeks now. It's the matte finish one and I hate how it makes my screen look. I was thinking of taking it off but I'm afraid it will leave a residue or something on the screen. Has anyone taken this screen protector off before? And if they did, did it come off clean or leave a residue on the screen? Thanks in advance for any help!

Shouldn't leave a residue. I took one off after several months. It came right off the glass no residue. just the same though I'd clean it with a bit of rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
F

frankthetank250

Reaction score
Alright, cool. I'll probably try to take the screen protector off when I get home from work later.

sweetmike

Reaction score
I bought my screen protector from VZW as well and the protector holds by static so there is no glue or residue. I know because I bought a three pack and I had to take one off as I was geting bubbles underneath my screen from the dust in the air. I put on another one and it is fine.

jhom

Reaction score
The easiest way to remove it is with a piece of scotch tape. Place it on one corner and lift. The screen protector should come off. There should be no residual.

BuckyN8

Reaction score
Never knew that it was held on by static. Thanks for the information!

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I just took my VZW screen protector off two days ago. Had it on there since the 8th as well. I got a better one from Skinomi; it came off cleanly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bbtkd

Reaction score
Unless you wear diamond earrings (risking scratches when making calls) or keep your phone in your pocket (risking sand scratches), screen protectors are the most useless accessory for a phone with Gorilla Glass. They detract from image quality, show smears more, and may even reduce touch response. If a salesperson tries to sell me screen protectors and/or tell me I need a task killer for a new phone - I'll walk out.