Remove twitter contacts from "All Contacts"

btphelps

Reaction score
Validate you've turned off all the SocialConnections

I feel for others -- I too would never have added Twitter as an account if I knew that all my Twitter contacts would be added to my phone contacts. What a pain.

All I can suggest is before you try to remove the Twitter account is to first close the default Twitter app itself.

Then go through all the running services and make sure ANYTHING associated with SocialMedia is killed. I remember closing a bunch of services, I don't remember them all. That seemed to do the trick for me.

DroidPDX

Reaction score
The only thing that works is a reset.

I was dreading that, but frankly, after I invested the two hours in the process, it was worthwhile. The Droid X ran faster and I got rid of some dead wood apps.

monicaable

Reaction score
Hey guess what! I tried to do this today because I, too, am tired of searching through 1,200 contacts to find the person I need to call. And NO, I am not going to call Shaq either.

So I was using the menu to "remove" Facebook, and the phone screen went blank.

Four battery pulls and one visit to tech support later, I have a completely dead Droid and they're trying to send me one and hoping it gets here early next week. Until then I have a plastic piece of nothing to keep me company.

So be careful following these directions. It killed my phone, even though I was using simple, allowable menu commands.

chev59

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I've been having the same problem with my Galaxy Nexus. I'm new to Android so it's been a steep learning curve...I tried all the above too, but no success as they didn't quite match on Ice Cream Sandwich. What did work was a kind of version of the steps mentioned..

I'm using the Twitter app...

1. Settings
  2. Account Settings
  3. select the name of the account
  4. scroll to the the bottom and select Remove Account
  5. Now, Add the account again
  6. Settings
  7. (scroll down) Contact Settings
  8. Select Don't Sync
All the Twitter contacts are now gone from my Contact List (called people in ICS). Seems just selecting Don't Sync, without removing the account, doesn't remove them from the contact list (and neither does changing the 'Contacts to Display' setting in People seem to do anything)

MzCarmelladee

Reaction score
Ok GETTING STRANGE FOLK ON YOUR PHONE? REMOVE THEM....

VOXER: Press and Hold their Voxer pic, see Menu, click DELETE.

TANGO: Well, you'd have to delete or block them from your contacts (Those are just your original contacts/people.)

CONTACTS/PEOPLE: OMGoshhhh....talkin bout taking up SPACE. Folk from both Twitter and Facebook. OVERWHELMING who were NOT originally on the contacts/people list: Open the list, click MENU, see VIEW, click VIEW, *uncheck...ie. Facebook, Twitter, Hotmail...etc WHOMEVER you DONOT want to see in your CONTACTS/PEOPLE list. WHEEEEEW

#musthavesyncedatonetime ¯\(o_O)/¯

MzCarmelladee

Reaction score
Ok GETTING STRANGE FOLK ON YOUR PHONE? REMOVE THEM....

VOXER: Press and Hold their Voxer pic, see Menu, click DELETE.

TANGO: Well, you'd have to delete or block them from your contacts (Those are just your original contacts/people.)

CONTACTS/PEOPLE: OMGoshhhh....talkin bout taking up SPACE. Folk from both Twitter and Facebook. OVERWHELMING who were NOT originally on the contacts/people list: Open the list, click MENU, see VIEW, click VIEW, *uncheck...ie. Facebook, Twitter, Hotmail...etc WHOMEVER you DONOT want to see in your CONTACTS/PEOPLE list. WHE

#musthavesyncedatonetime ¯\(o_O)/¯

UPDATE 4 VOXER....GETTING STRANGE FOLK ON YOUR PHONE? REMOVE THEM....VOXER UPDATE! Just going into VOXER, pressing down and holding ONLY delete the CHAT.

Ok, Go into VOXER, click MENU, click FRIENDS (These are VOXER friends) (Some NOT chosen.) See the list....Scroll to the person, Press and Hold, MENU appear with [DELETE], [BLOCK AND DELETE] This Will Get Rid Of Whomever! POOFFF BE GONE! ( -_・)σ - - - - - - - - ・