Remove Corporate Sync Account

asaunders

Reaction score
I'm changing jobs and need to remove the current work email from my X. I try to remove it but the username field is greyed out so I'm unable to type anything in that field so that I can remove this acct. Help please...

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm changing jobs and need to remove the current work email from my X. I try to remove it but the username field is greyed out so I'm unable to type anything in that field so that I can remove this acct. Help please...

Did you try from settings -> accounts.

You should be able to either long press it for the context menu with "delete account" option, or press it and use the "delete" button towards the bottom.

OP
asaunders

asaunders

Reaction score
I tried that per your suggestion but still will not remove it. Do I need to wipe data and flash the rom again?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dangerous

Reaction score
I tried that per your suggestion but still will not remove it. Do I need to wipe data and flash the rom again?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Did you ever figure this out? my Corp sync is working, but can't remove it or change it as it also is "greyed" out

tekops

Reaction score
Delete Corporate Sync Account

I found this in a different part of droid-forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-tech-issues/113186-no-corporate-sync-acct-list.html#post2352317).

Basically change the account password at the exchange/zimbra server and wait for it to time-out and complain on the phone, then go into settings and NOW it will have a "remove account" button at the bottom of the settings dialog. Press it and voila.

This was the only thing that worked.

I created a corporate sync account on my Droid3 to an exchange server. Worked great, no problems except when I went to remove it there was no listing of the account in My Accounts or Settings->Accounts. Resetting the phone, etc., did not help. Called motorolla, tier 2 support. Clearing a bunch of caches, application databases, etc., NONE of it helped. Even put the phone in recovery mode and had it clear every cache, everywhere. No joy, cookie. Tried everything on every other forum.

Changing the password at the server and then waiting for it to complain about authentication issues caused the "REMOVE ACCOUNT" button to appear at the bottom of the settings dialog and it worked to remove the account and the Device Administrator.

The app I have found that actually works the best for Exchange Accounts is MOXIER MAIL. The i/f is a little kludgy but it does not take over your phone and works great.

David

Last edited: