Corporate Sync Device Admin Removal

strunker

Reaction score
I recently stopped working for my last employer. I had a corporate sync set up. I can remove the account find, however when after removing the account I wanted to go ahead and remove them as a system admin since they obviously will not be needing admin privs on my phone because I am not using their email. This doesnt seem possible for some reason, there is no check box next to it in the system admins list, and when I tap on it the option to deactivate is greyed out. This is on a bionic running stock 2.3.4 Anyone have any ideas?

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
Is it possible to go into manage apostles and clear the data for for corporate sync authenticator? I don't use corporate sync but its maybe something to try before a factory reset.

From the shifted dual cores of my XT875

PhontomF

Reaction score
Anyone have a solution for this other then factory reset? I removed my corporate sync account but the phone is still requiring me to enter a PIN every time I turn it on and no way to disable it in the phones security settings. There must be a solution other then a factory reset.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Factory Data Reset: These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

NOTE: I learned this morning that not everyone has been as lucky as I with the automatic re-installs. So good luck if you end up having to go that route.

PhontomF

Reaction score
I did the same thing when I had my OG Droid and when I removed the corporate account I was able to disable the screen on password. Is this a bug with android 2.3?

Bayou, Thanks but I know how to do it, it's just a hassle that I shouldn't have to go through. I would just restore the data partition with titanium backup. Plus I have the leaked Bionic update installed on my phone and don't know if a factory reset will even work.