Relocating to a new section of DF

Reaction score
After 11 months of more fun than I thought possible with a phone, my beloved droid died. Verizon was going to send me a refurb, but after playing with the X, I decided to use another one of my line's upgrade for it, keeping my own upgrade intact for later this year. The X is awesome, but I had serious buyer's remorse the same day. I'm a girl with little hands, and it just felt too big and awkward. So I pondered the iPhone 4 for a day, read up on jailbreaking and all that fun stuff, and headed back to Verizon this morning to return the X and try out the iPhone. I figured it would be cool to try it for a while. But I don't know... playing with it in the store just didn't do anything for me. There are little tiny things that wouldn't make or break anyone's phone decision that do for me (google nav, not having to use iTunes, not having to rely on my PC so much, etc.). So I ended up walking out with my X, rooted it in the car, found my new home section on these lovely forums, and am now pondering Apex or Liberty. Good times! dancedroid

Technoman

Reaction score
After 11 months of more fun than I thought possible with a phone, my beloved droid died. Verizon was going to send me a refurb, but after playing with the X, I decided to use another one of my line's upgrade for it, keeping my own upgrade intact for later this year. The X is awesome, but I had serious buyer's remorse the same day. I'm a girl with little hands, and it just felt too big and awkward. So I pondered the iPhone 4 for a day, read up on jailbreaking and all that fun stuff, and headed back to Verizon this morning to return the X and try out the iPhone. I figured it would be cool to try it for a while. But I don't know... playing with it in the store just didn't do anything for me. There are little tiny things that wouldn't make or break anyone's phone decision that do for me (google nav, not having to use iTunes, not having to rely on my PC so much, etc.). So I ended up walking out with my X, rooted it in the car, found my new home section on these lovely forums, and am now pondering Apex or Liberty. Good times! dancedroid

Welcome breakingjessica, I remember you from the OG Droid section. I love my X, but I would have made you a great deal on my OG Droid and 2 multimedia docks that I still have.

I loved my OG Droid, but with the larger screen and SWYPE there is no need for a manual keyboard IMO.

I am still stock, since I really don't see the need (other than maybe getting rid of the bloat) to root and load a custom ROM. Browse and find many good X tips and load up the questions.

jchammer123

Reaction score

Congrats Jessica!!! I know everyone is going to tell you that you made the right decision, and I'm one them, lol!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid X. its a great phone. you will enjoy it.

xliderider

Reaction score

Welcome breakingjessica, I remember you from the OG Droid section. I love my X, but I would have made you a great deal on my OG Droid and 2 multimedia docks that I still have.

I loved my OG Droid, but with the larger screen and SWYPE there is no need for a manual keyboard IMO.

I am still stock, since I really don't see the need (other than maybe getting rid of the bloat) to root and load a custom ROM. Browse and find many good X tips and load up the questions.

I too have an original Droid sitting in a drawer. I would have a hard time going back to the Droid now, very hard. The X is so much better, and the screen has everything to do with it.

en28so

Reaction score
Good decision. Droid X is much better than a boring iphone 4. You will get used to the big size. I have small hands too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App