[Release] Succulent Desire Froyo v 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Install bgill55 market fix. I don't know if that will help your issue?

tried it :( with no luck. now i havent wiped data/cache for a while. ive been flashing froyo roms quite a bit. would it be as simple as wiping data/cache? i just havent because all the release posts say i dont have to coming from another froyo rom.

this is the case most of the time but sometimes its still needed.

i would reccomend doing a backup of what you have now and then wiping data/cache and see if it fixes it.

the reason to back it up if it does not fix it you can go back to where you were before and we need to find another way to resolve the issue.

im almost 100% certain a data wipe will resolve your issue....

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Install bgill55 market fix. I don't know if that will help your issue?

tried it :( with no luck. now i havent wiped data/cache for a while. ive been flashing froyo roms quite a bit. would it be as simple as wiping data/cache? i just havent because all the release posts say i dont have to coming from another froyo rom.

this is the case most of the time but sometimes its still needed.

i would reccomend doing a backup of what you have now and then wiping data/cache and see if it fixes it.

the reason to back it up if it does not fix it you can go back to where you were before and we need to find another way to resolve the issue.

im almost 100% certain a data wipe will resolve your issue....

i really appreciate the quick responses guys. i will try the wipe and let ya know

chewy74

Reaction score
The dl file is only 5. 56kb. Is the file downloading incomplete?

grinchy

Reaction score
Is there a list of commands we can use in terminal server? Like blockads...etc? Btw this rom kicks ass! Love it!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there a list of commands we can use in terminal server? Like blockads...etc? Btw this rom kicks ass! Love it!

yeah here they are...

Code:
Scripts [Credit to Pete, Jrummey, AdamZ]
-blockads (blocks adds in apps & browser)
-cpuinfo (shows cpu info)
-droidboot (installs my custom boot animation *Decreases boot time*)
-clear (clears terminal screen)
-date (shows date/time)
-godmode (allows viewing and editing of all files on phone using any file viewer)
-poweroff (shuts phone down)
-reboot (reboots phone)
-recov (reboots phone into recovery mode)
-rm (removes specified file/apk)
-rmdir (removes directory)
-rmcarhome (removes Car Home App) 
-rmemail (removes Email App)
-rmgenie (removes News & Weather App)
-rmmod (removes nexusmod App)
-rmmusic (removes music App)
-rmnexusmod (removes nexusmod App)
-showads (allows ads to show in Apps & browser)
-soundoff (disables camera shutter sound & video recording sound)
-soundon (enables camera shutter sound & video recording sound)
-sysro (mounts system read only) thanks ChevyNo1
-sysrw (mounts system read write) thanks ChevyNo1
-uptime (shows how long phone has been on)
-zipalign_apks (will zipalign every apk on your phone) *Be Careful Using*

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
Woodyman, you've outdid yourself. I don't know how ya do it, but you put out the fastest 2.1 ROMs and now you put out the fastest 2.2 ROM. I don't know how familiar everyone is w/ Quadrant, but combined w/ Jake's 1GHz kernel, my Droid scored 1505. My previous best was 1404 w/ Bugless Beast Froyo. That's pretty incredible. Thanks to you and your team, great stuff.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I might be trying this rom out soon with all the great reviews. Man so many great developers in the android community that its hard to keep up

Sent from my Droid

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
ive asked this many times with no answers (not getting smart, im just saying lol)

i dont even remember when this started happening but now everytime i reboot i lose apps that i have downloaded recently. heres the weird thing...i dont lose them totally. they disappear from my homescreens...they disappear from my app drawer BUT if i go to market they are still there. even saying INSTALLED. and i can open them from there! but to get them back in my app drawer i have to uninstall...then reinstall. very annoying. and this isnt a succulant desire issue. ive flashed all the froyo roms/themes since ive noticed this issue and all of them do the same.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY? OR EVEN AN IDEA?

As others have pointed out, it's the whole apps2sd thing. If you go to Settings > Applications > Manage Apps you can move them back and forth and what not. Now, if you want to have apps on the SD and still show, you can force stop whatever launcher you use and it should work. To do that, while still in Manage Apps, hit the Running tab. Find your launcher (for instance, I use LauncherPro). Open it and force stop it. Then hit the Home soft key. That should make them show. You may have to reboot it if they don't show immediately after that.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Woodyman, you've outdid yourself. I don't know how ya do it, but you put out the fastest 2.1 ROMs and now you put out the fastest 2.2 ROM. I don't know how familiar everyone is w/ Quadrant, but combined w/ Jake's 1GHz kernel, my Droid scored 1505. My previous best was 1404 w/ Bugless Beast Froyo. That's pretty incredible. Thanks to you and your team, great stuff.

you should check out chevy's kernels too im running his ULV 1250mhz kernel and consistently get mid 1700's with quadrant.

Bg8780

Reaction score
I love the ROM, very fast and responsive! However the barnacle wifi tethering is a trainwreck. Doesnt broadcast at all. Is there anyway to use the app from the Google source code like previous 2.1 builds?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I love the ROM, very fast and responsive! However the barnacle wifi tethering is a trainwreck. Doesnt broadcast at all. Is there anyway to use the app from the Google source code like previous 2.1 builds?

yeah i use the latest wifi tether from google code the link is below.
im not certain what kernels work with it but i do know that chevy's work with it perfectly fine.

wireless_tether_2_0_2.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.2 - Project Hosting on Google Code

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score

you should check out chevy's kernels too im running his ULV 1250mhz kernel and consistently get mid 1700's with quadrant.

Looks like it's nandroid time. lol I hadn't used when of Chevy's kernels in a long while, and was never able to get 1.25GHz to work. That'll never stop me from trying, though! lol One of these days, I'm just gonna be surprised. Will today be the day?

EDIT: Looks like that's a no go for me. Still don't work. Was able to go to 1.1GHz w/ Chevy and that's it. Scored only slightly higher than Jake's 1GHz for me. Can't go higher than 1GHz w/ Jake's though. So, whatev. lol

Shadowtech

Reaction score
I just tried out this rom, and it seems to be the only one I found so far that doesn't randomly reboot on me. However, I cannot get the wifi to work, it just keeps scanning. Tried the wifi-fix zip, but it won't install in sprecovery.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have flashed FLY, SS, TCfroyo, BoostdFroyo, Eliminator, UD RC2(had to check it out), Kangerade, and Onix. This is the smoothest FROYO out.

Those screen shots are nice man. You put all that over Succulent Desire? Vary nice. Thanks for adding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.