chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Safestrap compatible version of 3.0 has been uploaded. Let me know what you guys think. Its EXACTLY the same as far as features and changes as the regular version of 3.0.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Safestrap compatible version of 3.0 has been uploaded. Let me know what you guys think. Its EXACTLY the same as far as features and changes as the regular version of 3.0.

Sorry for the noob question, what is "safestrap" version mean?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Found a bug:

Street view does not work. I tried to install street view from the market, but it force closes immediately if you try to open it. Anyone else experience this? Fix?

clownfrog

Reaction score
Found a bug:

Street view does not work. I tried to install street view from the market, but it force closes immediately if you try to open it. Anyone else experience this? Fix?

When using other Google apps I usually get this. What I have been doing is uninstalling the app, then reinstall it. Works every time, however I will say I have not tried street view yet. If I can I will try to install it from the market.

clownfrog

Reaction score
Found a bug:

So, I installed Street View for Google Maps and am getting the force close message as well. Everything else in Google Maps works as it should.

Dazzl

Reaction score
I am having a problem with this rom, with Universal Inbox/Messaging app constantly force closes on my Droid 3. It shows the emails in the Universal Inbox, but if I select one to view it I constantly get "The Application Messaging (process com.motorola.messaging) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. This is critical because my personal email and corporate email cannot be accessed on the phone even though they are being received.

Would welcome any suggestions asap, leaving for a business trip next week and need this to be functional...thanks!! Love the rom.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I am having a problem with this rom, with Universal Inbox/Messaging app constantly force closes on my Droid 3. It shows the emails in the Universal Inbox, but if I select one to view it I constantly get "The Application Messaging (process com.motorola.messaging) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. This is critical because my personal email and corporate email cannot be accessed on the phone even though they are being received.

Would welcome any suggestions asap, leaving for a business trip next week and need this to be functional...thanks!! Love the rom.

There is actually a very simple solution to this issue earlier in this thread, actually I do believe it is now a sticky, its a very simple re-install of the stock email .apk

Last edited:

lotzakritters

Reaction score

I can't seen to get safestrap to load properly. Fc after install. I deleted bootstrap and installed safestrap. Someone on another forum said to open the apk and delete recovery, then un install bootstrap? Any help would be nice. Thanks

Update, figured it out. Finally got it working. Lol

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Hey Chevy, just noticed the sig, any hints on what's coming with v4.0?
Maybe, hold back button- force close?
Better camera app?
Anything?

Keep up the good work!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Graphical changes, fixes to the notification power widget, updated apps, more optimization, and more. :icon_ lala:

ezMesican

Reaction score
I'm having trouble installing. At first I had this working first try for about 2 weeks. Then, I tried getting a new notification bar, but I got bricked, so I flashed back to stock with the provided SDL zip. My phone works fine on stock, but when I now flash this ROM, I get a bootloop no matter what. After I install I can't even go into CWM again, so I have to reflash to stock, root, and repeat. I've tried 3 times now, but it keeps happening. Any suggestions? I did the exact same steps I did when I first flashed the ROM. It's kind of a bummer because my phone is flashed to MetroPCS, so now I have to pay to have someone reflash the MMS and data again
EDIT: Well I redownloaded it and now it works just fine. I'm so mad at myself for not doing that in the first place instead of spending two days on it

Last edited:

TheElements

Reaction score
ever since i downloaded this my android os has been taking up 20% of my battery, ive reinstalled and installed twice and still get the same problem even after hard factory resetting (had to activate phone again). anyone have any solutions?

Jerminator617

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to if you could possibly make a short, simple guide on how you make create ROMs. Because I'm thinking about trying my hand at building one, but I'm not completely sure how to do it, and I cant really find a decent tutorial on how to do it. And I figure since you're familiar with the D3, it would be easier to get one from you since I also have the D3. If you could I would be VERY grateful :)

TTBA

Reaction score
Hi
Thx for your job . but i find big probleme :

Email app dont found in liste of Apps, But I configurate My Mail normaly il My Acount App, And I recive a Email Notification But I can Open apps to read , samme probleme with Universal Mail ...
Is it a bug ar is it my phone ...
thx