Refurbished Note 7 Units Should Hit Store Shelves By June

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
note-7-1-jpg.77472

The launch of the Galaxy Note 7R is expected to be no later than June. Of course it will be available only in South Korea. The Note 7R is expected to feature identical specs and design to the original Note 7 with the only difference being a smaller battery. The Note 7R should come with a 3,200 mah battery giving the battery ample room to expand and contract while charging preventing the phone from combustion. The phone will also ship with Android 7.0 Nougat. The phone is said to cost just $620 which is much cheaper than the original Note 7. At this point I would wait for the Note 8, but if you are itching for a Note 7R you will need to import it from South Korea.

via SamMobile

Attachments

• Note-7-1.jpg
    Note-7-1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 3,664

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm sorry, the Note 7 is tainted for me. I don't see the point in the risk of getting one. Any brave people here gonna grab one?

Torry Cox

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung J500H
Yeah, the price of $ 620 is very good

Amagine

Reaction score
With no aftermarket support for extended batteries, enclosures ,and such, it would be a hard bargain at even 500 US. Not to mention the lack of spare parts should the device get dropped or otherwise damaged would make the value outside of a novelty, very low. Samsung would be best to restrict it's sale to emerging markets where risky third party phones are the norm.

If released in the states, It's unlikely that it would get acceptance on CDMA networks. If they were, 300 US outright would be probably the only price point you could launch it at.