Refurbished Note 7 for sale.... (rumor has it)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
PGE on the Note 7? Def something I would be very interested in. It's sad the RAM, storage and performance are killed by Samsung's Touch UI.

The note 7 didn't use touchwiz. It used Grace UI which was codeveloped with google. There were no performance, storage, or RAM issues with the Note 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Several have said that Samsung should figure out the cause, or fix the cause, but...........what if there really wasn't a cause?
You can't find something that isn't there.
I'm not saying there was not a problem with the Note7 gen2, but I, just as many others, have my suspicions.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry, but you can hardly compare a Note 4 with a Note 7. That's kind of laughable actually.
Yours is a classic case of never having the Note 7 and believing everything you've heard in the media. And that's fine if you choose to go that route, nobody is faulting you for having an opinion . Those of us that know better choose to take the other route. Samsung wouldn't be taking such a huge risk trying to resell these devices if they didn't feel they were completely safe....that's suicide.
Of course you're still going to hear about bogus fires from the anti Samsung crowd, that's a given...

S5 tap'n
That's why I think this story is false! How can you refurbish if you don't know what the problem is? Plus, selling it to third world countries-that'd be crazy public relations! I haven't turned mine in yet, and if it were true it could be refurbished, I say do mine right now at no charge then re-enable my Gear VR and Samsung Pay!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I don't recall that article saying anything about the issue being solved.

It also doesn't say that "will" be re-selling the device, it's all conjecture at this point.

Sent by my new S7-Edge

Reaction score
And why do you say that? Because they plan to sell them to non-US markets?
No, dude, that's not what he's saying. I'm pretty sure this story is false! It just doesn't make sense! You don't believe it, do you?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a horrible idea. At least figure out the cause of the issue first.
They supposedly solved the issue at first and did the reissue of devices. As far as the global recall ALL major corporations weigh the cost of lawsuits vs recalls when dealing with global sales. In this case, whether legit or not I'd bet Samsung did the recall as a cost saver vs all the lawsuits, real fires or not, first or second batch. Recall them all and start over. The U.S. government getting involved probably helped influence the decision as Americans are sue happy about everything.
Maybe the second batch had problems, maybe not but it was cheaper for Samsung just to start over.
As far as validity, even the thread title says it's a rumor but it's nice to discuss and have a little fun at Samsung expense isn't it?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As far as validity, even the thread title says it's a rumor but it's nice to discuss and have a little fun at Samsung expense isn't it?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Says one that will bash Apple without blinking...

Done here.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Says one that will bash Apple without blinking...

Done here.
I'll bash anyone or anything without blinking. I'm an equal opportunity offender.
I had to agitate the carpet shampoo today at work. I told my boss "finally permission to do something that comes naturally."
Sorry if you're offended if I poke fun at an Apple product and it hurts your feelings , or if someone keeps going on about a Samsung product as well.
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><