Refresh rate of Facebook Widget

ckidwell

Reaction score
I'm new to the android OS, and I put the facebook app on my of my screens on my new, and loved, droid.

Just curious if anyone knows how to refresh the widget or setup refresh times?

Quickster357

Reaction score
They refresh rate is set to 1 hour I believe initially, but you can go into the facebook app and at the standard screen with 6 options. Then hit menu and select Settings. It's the first thing at the top and the fastest refresh rate is 30 minutes unfortunately.

OP
ckidwell

ckidwell

Reaction score
Thanks! 30 minutes is atleast 2 times times better than 1 hour. Was looking for the option to change it everywhere. I'm still learning things about this phone about every 5 minutes. It's unbelievable!

Dream

Reaction score
Im going to bump this instead of starting a new thread. I just added the FB widget to one of my screens but its showing status updates from yesterday. I scroll to the right and to the left and there all from yesterday. I have the update cycle for every 30 minutes. I click on the widget and it brings to me the app and all the updates there are recent, like within minutes. Any idea's?

Dream

Reaction score
Im going to bump this instead of starting a new thread. I just added the FB widget to one of my screens but its showing status updates from yesterday. I scroll to the right and to the left and there all from yesterday. I have the update cycle for every 30 minutes. I click on the widget and it brings to me the app and all the updates there are recent, like within minutes. Any idea's?

Anybody else having this issue? Please tell me its just not me :icon_eek:

andjarnic

Reaction score
Actually, I too am seeing only posts from yesterday!! I know that the FB site itself was updated not too long ago where the status updates was no longer the default page you'd come to, so a lot of people were wondering why they weren't seeing updates to statuses. To fix that you had to go click on the FB logo, then below it a list of items would show up, the top one being the "default". You look in there for Status Updates, drag it to the top and click on it. If it's not visible, you have to select the MORE link to expand the rest of the items down, then drag it to top and click it to select it. However, I've done that and my FB now shows status updates, so I am also wondering why my FB widget doesn't show the latest. It was when I first put it there. So you are not alone.

IAmAPhoenix

Reaction score

Anybody else having this issue? Please tell me its just not me :icon_eek:

I have the same problem and came here looking to see if anyone else did too. Hopefully it gets fixed, but in the mean time I just open up the facebook app. Though when I check the status updates in the app it seems to not show all of the status' that I see when I check them on my computer. Is anyone else having this problem? I need to test it again though, but can't while I'm at work. Facebook is blocked..

s-one

Reaction score
Man that FB widget for the Droid don't work. Nor does the FB Notifications. Boo!