Red circle with x in it in notification bar

smmfc

Reaction score
Ok I've had my phone for one week to the day and I woke up to a red circle with an x in it saying sim card authorization error contact customer service. All my data seems to work and the phone wants me to power down and call customer service if I click the notification but if everything is working what do you think would cause this?? I'm gonna go to a store after work to fix it if no working ideas come along before then thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
Have you turns the phone off and on again to see if that notification goes away?

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried reseating the card? pull it out and put it back in, with the phone off of course.

SallyC

Reaction score
That seems to be making the rounds again. As Kim091 said, turn off your phone and then back on and it should go away. It seems to be related to 4G connection problems, which were bad a month or so ago but are only isolated now. If it continues to be a problem you can, from your home page, go to Menu, Settings, Wireless & Networks, Mobile Networks and change Network Mode to CDMA only for a while until the problem passes. They don't seem to last real long in an area. It's possible it's a SIM card problem, but not as likely.

xtor

Reaction score
This just happened to me this morning , IN Ca

sent from my droid x or razr

OP
smmfc

smmfc

Reaction score
I turned it off and on and its not there now. My wonder is can it really be related to 4g connection issues since I'm 200 miles from a 4g area so I'm never on 4g?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I turned it off and on and its not there now. My wonder is can it really be related to 4g connection issues since I'm 200 miles from a 4g area so I'm never on 4g?

If you're that far from a 4G coverage area, do what SallyC said and don't look back. There's no purpose on having the 4G radio on at all and it will only suck battery power.