Recovery Help

buckley101

Reaction score
I rooted my phone using soup or root method in the sticky from android forums (everything root page). I downloaded rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery mod in plans to install sapphire 2.0.0. As I was booting into recovery (holding the power button and x) it just stays at the M (motorolla symbol) when booting and doesn't boot into recovery menu at all. I can't think of anything else because I can flash froyo or anything to the phone to start all over again because the phone wont boot into recovery. It boots fine when I don't try and boot into recovery. Does someone have the stock recovery img. or another suggestion? I haven't tried unrooted yet...I guess that is my next step.

P.S. I have rooted before using the super one click method in the sticky and I have unrooted it also using that but that method only removes superuser and doesn't remove the recovery img...clockwork recovery stays if already flashed. The way I removed it was just flashing the original froyo back onto the phone and it restored the recovery.

If you have a suggestion on how to fix this please let me know help would be appreciated...if you think I should try and unroot please let me know a better method than super one click method because it doesn't remove the recovery img.

Thanks in advance :)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good post here^

The reason why this one works is because it runs an sbf to replace stock recovery (with sprecovery), and then the update.zip makes it stick and adds root (su, busybox, et al).

The upgrade to froyo checks to make sure recovery is there on every boot. If its not, it replaces it with stock recovery. The update.zip changes the script so it doesn't check, so sprecovery isn't removed on every boot. Its very clever.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk