[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Ok, seems to be working great, only bad thing is it seems I do not have an easy way to return to stock recovery as I can't just rename that file back to its original name?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
You know, that's a good question. I don't recall seeing anything about that. I can only assume that flashing back to stock would overwrite any changes associated with rooting.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

MaCe

Reaction score
can someone tell me where to find recovery-from-boot.p ?? cant find it anywhere using Root Explorer!!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
can someone tell me where to find recovery-from-boot.p ?? cant find it anywhere using Root Explorer!!

what happens is if you flash a rom, it clears out /system, so you would have had to backup the file locally before doing any flashing.

MaCe

Reaction score
what happens is if you flash a rom, it clears out /system, so you would have had to backup the file locally before doing any flashing.

I unlocked , then rooted did a backup via clockwork then flashed ? i was supposed to back that file up ? wow i had no idea soooo now how to i make it clockwork permanent if there is no file?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I unlocked , then rooted did a backup via clockwork then flashed ? i was supposed to back that file up ? wow i had no idea soooo now how to i make it clockwork permanent if there is no file?

it is permanent now. the file is just there if you wanted the stock recovery back.

MaCe

Reaction score
ha .. wellll that solves alot , just did a battery pull and rebooted into recovery and its still there :blink: doooohhh

713King

Reaction score
hmmm i have stock clockwork recovery but I cant find that file in system using root Explorer, should I just paste the file there if it's not there?

TSXXX

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this. Saved my life when I was trying to flash.

Sent from my GummyNex :)

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hmmm i have stock clockwork recovery but I cant find that file in system using root Explorer, should I just paste the file there if it's not there?

Are you having trouble getting CWMR to stick?