[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)

Artimis

Reaction score
When flashing CWM, does it wipe the phone?

Flashing CWM does not but unlocking the bootloader does.

If you already unlocked the bootloader then you are good to go.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
does anyone in the "know" know if there is some way to fix the random scrolling of the options in recovery? I know it's not huge but it's super annoying

jleeusa

Reaction score
does anyone in the "know" know if there is some way to fix the random scrolling of the options in recovery? I know it's not huge but it's super annoying

Do you have some type of protective case on? Take it off. Or try the clockwork recovery that uses touch and gestures. It's still in beta, but sounds pretty sweet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Do you have some type of protective case on? Take it off. Or try the clockwork recovery that uses touch and gestures. It's still in beta, but sounds pretty sweet.

I don't have a case on the phone... surely I am not the only one with "sticky" scrolling in recovery? I know I have seen others mention it as well..
hmm touch and gestures that sounds interesting but beta also sounds like it might be more annoying

jleeusa

Reaction score
I think it's happening a lot, it happens to me too.I have just noticed it a lot worse with my case.I have volume changing issues a well because of it. As for the touch recovery im gonna wait it out myself but it looks close to being done, if it's not already. Good luck.

Artimis

Reaction score
I don't have a case on the phone... surely I am not the only one with "sticky" scrolling in recovery? I know I have seen others mention it as well..
hmm touch and gestures that sounds interesting but beta also sounds like it might be more annoying

Its not that the volume keys are "sticking"....everyone will have this problem. It's essentially the exact same issue as the infamous "volume" bug the GSM nexus was released with and supposedly delayed the LTE nexus (one of the many times).

The issue is with bounce. Koush needs to add debounce logic to clockwork to fix this.

Alternatively, I've heard nothing but good things about the new beta with onscreen touch keys.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
"sticking" was the best way i could describe it the buttons aren't sticking but the scrolling effect is like they are sticking... i think we are talking about the same thing :)

i just flashed (like 5 seconds ago) so i will give it a workout and see how I like it...

first two button presses worked great.. :biggrin:

soccer568

Reaction score
I this possible to make cwm permanent with ES file explorer cause Ive tried and cant find the recovery file. I can buy root explorer if needed but this file explorer said it had root access so i assumed it would work?

Artimis

Reaction score
I this possible to make cwm permanent with ES file explorer cause Ive tried and cant find the recovery file. I can buy root explorer if needed but this file explorer said it had root access so i assumed it would work?

I did it with ES File explorer

soccer568

Reaction score
Maybe cwm is already permanent for me because i went into /system and am seeing no recovery file and I am able to boot into recovery without losing it the next time i boot into recovery. I used one of the automated programs that are now made for the unlock and rooting process. It must've made cwm my permanent recovery.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I also suffered from not seeing any recovery-from-boot.p file. I looked for it immediately after flashing CWM, and had no luck so figured i'd reboot and check again. Still no luck.

However, currently if I turn of the phone and then boot into the bootloader (vol up + vol down + power), I am able to use the volume keys to make it so I can select recovery and get to my CWM. Is this how I should be getting to CWM? Or should my phone be booting DIRECTLY into CWM when I do the volup + voldown + power key combo?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
That's right. Or, hook up the usb from your computer to the phone and type: adb reboot recovery. That will take you straight into recovery.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus