[RECOVERY/BOOTSTRAP] Safestrap for Droid 4 MotoICS Leak ONLY [06/02: Version 2.00]

Airman1947

Reaction score
SafeStrap 2.0 is for those using the Leaked ICS ROM...your "unsafe" system is now ICS .206. So using Safestrap 2.0 I assume you are on the leak? There are no ROMs made for running in "Safe". Hashcode is working on making CM9/ICS for Leaked ICS that will work but nothing currently will work. All the current ROMs are made to work off the stock phone's Gingerbread 2.3.6 build .219.

Am I understanding this correctly? Currently, you can not boot up the phone in Safe Mode, because there are no ROMS that will work for it yet?

I ask, because I recently got the ICS Verizon OTA Update for my Droid 4, so I don't have the leaked version, but the official one. I found that Safestrap 2.0 installs and works fine regardless, and I was able to make a backup. But the real reason I wanted it was because I found a website that offered a ported version of Google Now for ICS in the form of a zip file that you could flash onto ur ICS rom, and I was trying to flash it onto my stock one. But sounds like u can't boot into stock in Safe Mode :(

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Am I understanding this correctly? Currently, you can not boot up the phone in Safe Mode, because there are no ROMS that will work for it yet?

I ask, because I recently got the ICS Verizon OTA Update for my Droid 4, so I don't have the leaked version, but the official one. I found that Safestrap 2.0 installs and works fine regardless, and I was able to make a backup. But the real reason I wanted it was because I found a website that offered a ported version of Google Now for ICS in the form of a zip file that you could flash onto ur ICS rom, and I was trying to flash it onto my stock one. But sounds like u can't boot into stock in Safe Mode :(

When I posted that, yes you understood it correctly. Now there are a few ROMs you can install to the Safe System. Safe Strap however will not allow you to flash a .zip to the stock 'unsafe" system. You'd have to choose a ROM to flash to the "Safe" side and then flash the Google Now to that, not to the stock ROM that resides on the "unsafe" side.

And "leak" .217 is the official .217 OTA.

This http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/218831-rom-deodexed-debloated-ics-217-a.html is a deodexed and debloated stock .217 ROM you could use...

Or you could use Bootstrap (not SafeStrap) to flash on top of the stock ROM without a safe/unsafe setup.

Airman1947

Reaction score
When I posted that, yes you understood it correctly. Now there are a few ROMs you can install to the Safe System. Safe Strap however will not allow you to flash a .zip to the stock 'unsafe" system. You'd have to choose a ROM to flash to the "Safe" side and then flash the Google Now to that, not to the stock ROM that resides on the "unsafe" side.

And "leak" .217 is the official .217 OTA.

This http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/218831-rom-deodexed-debloated-ics-217-a.html is a deodexed and debloated stock .217 ROM you could use...

Or you could use Bootstrap (not SafeStrap) to flash on top of the stock ROM without a safe/unsafe setup.

:icon_eek: ....Wow! Thanks so much for such a fast and detailed response. I would never have figured all of that out, or known about that ROM. I appreciate the help. :biggrin:

I got it to work. I installed that ROM, which is really cool by the way. Its nice to have a version of the stock ROM without all the bloatware. Runs a lot better. And, flashing over that ROM worked. I have Google Now!!! dancedroid:icon_ banana: Sooooo happy. :biggrin: Thanks again so much