Reconfiguring Icons after Hard Reset

dj9281

Reaction score
I have to do a hard reset on my Droid4 as a last resort before replacing it. I've had keyboard backlite problems and connectivity problems that have not been resolvable even up to Level 3 Motorola Tech Support. (Backlight goes on and off randomly not in response to actual lighting conditions and I often get a white signal bar meter, where I lost almost all connectivity, including GPS, IM, Email, Google Maps and all web browsing. It requires me to turn off and on the phone again every few hours to reset and get the blue signal bars back).

I know Verizon will require a hard reset before replacing this phone. I've had to do this several times with prior Droids and the most time consuming part of the process is reconfiguring all my app icons on my screens. Is there an app anyone is aware of or a way to automatically have all my icons place back in their original spots, so I can save hours of manual work? I've searched online and the app store without luck.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

OP
D

dj9281

Reaction score
I installed it but it jacked up all my screens, erased just about everything. Had to uninstall. Any other suggestions?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher Pro will save everything once you configure it, minus widgets. The only programs that will restore everything require root.