Recommended email programs for Thunderbolt

Eric91Z

Reaction score
Well, since the latest Beta version of Swype doesn't work properly in the native email program on the Thunderbolt, I am looking to try other email applications. I was really quite pleased with the "stock" one that came with the Thunderbolt, but Swype not working right is kind of a killer for me. I have downloaded MailDroid and it is ok, but think it uses a bit too much battery so far. And some of the GUI is not quite as slick or easy to use as the stock one.

So, any input on good email programs to use on the Thunderbolt that work properly with the Swype Beta for our phones?

Thanks in advance.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, since the latest Beta version of Swype doesn't work properly in the native email program on the Thunderbolt, I am looking to try other email applications. I was really quite pleased with the "stock" one that came with the Thunderbolt, but Swype not working right is kind of a killer for me. I have downloaded MailDroid and it is ok, but think it uses a bit too much battery so far. And some of the GUI is not quite as slick or easy to use as the stock one.

So, any input on good email programs to use on the Thunderbolt that work properly with the Swype Beta for our phones?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't been using Swype, but I just tried it with the Gmail app and it works great. I may stick with it for a while. Anyway, here's a way to set up all your email on the Gmail app. Google will poll your account then push the emails to the phone: Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

I've been doing this with my pop3 accounts for about a year and a half. It works great and saves a little battery power too.

OP
E

Eric91Z

Reaction score
Ok, so I got the K9-Mail and have it setup. Got rid of the MailDroid. One thing I noticed is that the K9-Mail does not see to delete emails from the server when deleted on the handheld. Both MailDroid and native email applications did that. And I have all my email routed through my GMail account, but when I delete emails from the handheld in K9, it does not delete on the Gmail server or at least move to the IMAP/TRASH folder in my Gmail account like the others did. And I can't seem to find a setting in K9 to change that. Is there a way to do so?

OP
E

Eric91Z

Reaction score
Gmail works perfectly with Swype ...I don't know why anyone would use anything other than Gmail....it is the best by far.

Sent like lightening from my Thndrblt!

Well, guess I am kind of an idiot here... Was looking in the Market for the GMail application and guess what? It is already installed on the phone! DUH... Ok, going to try that for a while. Definitely like the way emails look better in that app than anything other than the other native mail application that allows for multiple accounts to be linked together...

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
+1 for k9 mail, much better than the g mail app once you set it up....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
In k9 ... Menu/more/settings/acct settings/fetch settings.... Set how you want to handle deleted mail...
Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums