Recommendations for replacing Droid X

budk11

Reaction score
I switched to the Droid X to free myself of the grip of Apple. The phone is fantastic, but, as documented here in many posts, the volume on phone calls (and the bugginess of the speaker function) is simply horrible and unacceptable. I'm going to the Verizon store tomorrow to see if I can swap it for another Android phone. Two questions: Which Android phone do you recommend? Can the data and apps on my Droid X be transferred to a new phone by the folks in the store? Thanks in advance for your help.

kwod8832

Reaction score
So you go on to the Droid X forum asking what phone you should replace your X with. I think you might be better served going to a different forum. dancedroid

OP
B

budk11

Reaction score
I thought perhaps some other Droid X users might have replaced their phones because of the volume issue.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
How long have you had the X? Did you receive and update the device to Froyo yet? Have you carried it back to Verizon and asked for a replacement, to see if maybe you got a lemon?

I would consider trying to get a better X before I just opted to toss it for another device...but thats just me...I am just 1 of the thousands who has an X that has been running flawlessly since I unboxed it back at the end of September....

cpjr

Reaction score
I have no issues with my X or with the speakers and volume. Ive had the D1 and Incredible also.

If I didnt have it, I would either get the D2 or another Incredible.

estafusisx

Reaction score
The droid 2nd is a very good choice if you like motor droids, or the incredible if u wanna try htc

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

budk11

Reaction score
I've had the X for a little over a week. It has 2.2; I guess that's Froyo. Will go to Verizon store on Sunday to see if they might replace it. Love it except for the volume issue.

the5barrons

Reaction score
Bb storm 1 suffered a small design flaw with the speaker port where when it was flat, you couldn't hear it very well. storm 2 changed that and it was better.

First off, I'm cool with the volume even though the standard for the dx is just lower in volume than the "others"....by that, i'd say some other phones are abnormally loud. Either way, is volume is such an important factor that you'd consider a different phone over its other functions, than by all means go, check em out. You could bring an sd card with music on it or something. Good luck.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had the X for a little over a week. It has 2.2; I guess that's Froyo. Will go to Verizon store on Sunday to see if they might replace it. Love it except for the volume issue.

My advice is to do your replacements by phone. Customer Service is much easier and willing to honor warranties then many Verizon Stores. It's up to you ultimately, that's just my experience I'm sharing with you.

JustLeft

Reaction score
I would suggest you try a replacement dx as I have no volume issues with my dx and the speakerphone has worked flawlessly. I also have an iphone4 and the dx is louder. Seems like you got a bad one.

donballz

Reaction score
Before you go nuts, get Quick Setting which is free in the market. Enable and open volume control. You'll see Voice Call Volume is set to 3/7 by default. Crank it to 11 and then love your phone again dancedroid