Receive texts similar to iOS?

goalieman24

Reaction score
About the only thing I like about iOS is how text messages show up on the lock screen and the actual message is visible. Anything like this available to the Galaxy? I've tried playing around with a few apps, but the only thing I found was a pop-up of the message that showed up only after the phone was unlocked... so it still wasn't visible on the lock screen.

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
3rd party apps such as handcent are capable of this

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
GO SMS also does this like Handcent.

OP
G

goalieman24

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just tech-illiterate, but I downloaded GO SMS and played around with it for a bit... but like I said in the first post, all I could get was a pop-up that wasn't visible until I unlocked the phone(along with a little icon in the top bar).
Very briefly looked into Handcent, and it seemed to be the same.

Just to clarify, the attached picture is what I'm going for...
View attachment 60462

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Handcent does that very thing by default. It even allows you to reply without unlocking

Roget83

Reaction score
SMS pop up is an app that works with the stock messaging to do this. It also allows custom ringtones and reply buttons.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just tech-illiterate, but I downloaded GO SMS and played around with it for a bit... but like I said in the first post, all I could get was a pop-up that wasn't visible until I unlocked the phone(along with a little icon in the top bar).
Very briefly looked into Handcent, and it seemed to be the same.

Just to clarify, the attached picture is what I'm going for...
View attachment 60462

I got rid of Go so I can't tell you exactly were to go, but in the notifications -> Pop-up settings there is an option to show over lock screen. BTW - You should only need to do this when you have enabled the security on the lockscreen (pin, password etc).

OP
G

goalieman24

Reaction score
Handcent does that very thing by default. It even allows you to reply without unlocking
SMS pop up is an app that works with the stock messaging to do this. It also allows custom ringtones and reply buttons.

Well, Handcent does it and I tried SMS Pop Up as well... but both just seem a little "bulky" to me. I'd really like a more sleek design where it appears to be a part of the lock screen instead of jumping out on it's own.

It looks like some of the Apple themes for GoLocker and such get pretty close, but I think they only show that you have a new text message and don't actually show from who or a text preview.