Rebooting Restores Battery Power? Seems like it.

AlienGorilla

Reaction score
I don't know if this is common knowledge and i'm just out of the loop, but i have already done this twice and its the same result. My battery gets down below 40%, i turn the phone off for a couple of minutes, start it up and there's an extra 20%-30% of charge that actually lasts.

I took some pictures of JuicePlotter and it shows the charge before and after reboot and you can clearly tell the sudden spike. The green glow at the bottom of the graph indicates charging, and you can clearly see i wasn't.

Anyway, thought it was pretty interesting.

View attachment 11699 View attachment 11700

liam.

Reaction score
yea for some reason mine does the same thing. I wanted to put a post up but never did. Its a great thing when I'm stuck with something at work and can't get a charge

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
A

AlienGorilla

Reaction score
It's f'n weird. Great, but weird. Anyone know the reason, or at least have a reasonable explanation?

ty_

Reaction score
that's really strange. i wish i knew the answer
side question. has anyone figured out why it discharges in 10s?
i see in your graph it goes down every ten, can we fix that?

OP
A

AlienGorilla

Reaction score
that's really strange. i wish i knew the answer
side question. has anyone figured out why it discharges in 10s?
i see in your graph it goes down every ten, can we fix that?

I'm assuming that's just the way it's programmed to read the battery charge. From what i understand it's not absolutely accurate, but to have it jump 20 or 30 percent after a reboot is odd.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've yet to find a battery monitor that is more than a wild guess. Rebooting obviously does not restore power to a battery. Thus, the only reasonable explanation is bad measurement. Here's a tip. When observations defy explanation, the first place to look is the quality of the observation. This applies to ghosts and battery monitors.

OP
A

AlienGorilla

Reaction score
I've yet to find a battery monitor that is more than a wild guess. Rebooting obviously does not restore power to a battery. Thus, the only reasonable explanation is bad measurement. Here's a tip. When observations defy explanation, the first place to look is the quality of the observation. This applies to ghosts and battery monitors.

It's not just JuicePlotter though. The actual battery icon in the notification bar goes up and so do the readings in Spare Parts and Settings.

Last edited: